Page 1 of 2
the unleaded

actually check them out.
and the melvins. i know there not unkown but id say nowadays with people my age probably 1 in 100 kids have only maybe heard of them.

edit: F UCK! i definatly saw bands. f uck. go ahead. i deserve some pwnage..
Last edited by bambi_slaughter at Sep 12, 2006,
Austin
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Alesis
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
TBC. The Bass Company puts out some pretty nice basses. Check out www.thebasscompany.com . Also, Phil Jones Bass makes incredible products, but they're more in the boutique range than TBC.
Shuker?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
tradition
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Lowend
Austin

Austin-
1999 - present
Budget and intermediate grade, production, basses imported by St. Louis Music.
They also offer guitars, mandolins, and banjos.
Westfield!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by bambi_slaughter
the unleaded

actually check them out.
and the melvins. i know there not unkown but id say nowadays with people my age probably 1 in 100 kids have only maybe heard of them.

Brands, not bands.

I want a Sei badly.

EDIT: This explains why I want a Sei:

Last edited by Scourge441 at Sep 13, 2006,
Italia. I play the mondial and absolutely love it. If I had enough money I'd buy the torino too.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
Quote by flyingmarlin
Westfield!

hmmm nah
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Ashdown. Not entirely uknown but not famous either. I love univox fuzz pedals. They rock. Aria (japanese copy company) aint too bad either.
Ashdown is pretty well known, so is Aria.

I like my Norma semi hollow (turns out it was a loose input jack, hooray! No wiring!)
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Not exactly "unknown", but kinda "unusual" i guess...

i like Roland Keyboard amps for bass amplification. we have 4-5 amps at school, the only one i can get a decent tone out of is the Roland.
Schecter seems to be unknown to a lot of people. To be honest, I had never even heard of them when I first played a Stiletto Elite-4, I only tried it because I was looking for a new amp, didn't have my own bass with me, and the Schecter looked pretty so I picked it up. Ever since then I've been obsessed with learning all I can about them and for a time my only goal was to own one (accomplished that about 6 months ago, Elite-4 in black cherry). I've also noticed that Schecter guitars seem to have a generally bad reputation, though they do have a very strong following. I don't much care for the gutiars, but I love the basses. Its kinda weird how a company that makes such quality instruments (personal preference aside, I have to admit the guitars are prety nice too) and yet so many people have never heard of them.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
wow i was about to say Aria, i almst never hear this forum mention it. but guess that doesnt apply now so um.. woozle wazzle?
Schechter is a huge company, and so is Samick. If you're going to name something, at least name something the majority of us have never heard of.
Ashdown hasn't always been a big name. When i first started getting them they weren't even on most major sites and in no american guitar stores. So i figured i'd name them.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
hmmm nah

they beat stagg atleast, i guess thats a start
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Bumper
Schechter is a huge company, and so is Samick. If you're going to name something, at least name something the majority of us have never heard of.

I really wish people would read entire posts instead of looking at single words. I've found very few people outside of groups like this who have been playing bass for some time who have ever even heard of Schecter, much less know anything about them. Just because the company is huge doesn't mean its well known. And if you pay attention to the posts on this board, you'll find that even a lot of people who go here may have heard of Schecter, but know nothing about them (hence all the "are Schecters good basses?" topics). Seriously dude, read before you post. I figured someone who has been around as long as you would have learned that little key lesson of internet message boards some time ago.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Schecter isn't very known in the bass world. Personally i'm not a fan. Much rather play a washburn for the same price. Cort aint bad. Good body construction and good bridges. ****ty pickups and electronics but thats easily replaceable. Not well known in the us. Saw a ****load in the uk oh.
Last edited by Lost Hippie at Sep 13, 2006,
^ I hope you're kidding.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
^ lol wow iVenom that was a foolish post...
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Umm na10.....

I dont mean to offend you, but Rogue's are considered some of the worst mass produced basses in history

Most of the regulars know of em.

I thought "hey they cant be that bad". I played a friends, oh buddy they ARE that bad.
Kent

They made guitars and basses in the 60s and 70s; the kind of stuff you wish they made now. I love my Kent Viola bass, it has the best vintage bass sound I've ever heard.
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
You know what i miss. All the old 60s and 70s copys. Back when i first started playing they were so easy to find in pawn shops and ebay. The good ones are so much harder to find now a days. Maybe its cause most guitar shops stopped carrying them in fear of being sued. And on ebay all of them are in horrible condition or are way overpriced.
is SX considered unknown..idk.
another one is Prince..no offense but it suc*s.
Page 1 of 2