What is everyones opinion on this guitar? I want to get the sunburst. After I save up enough for that (hey, 400$ is a LOT for me. I dont have time for a job, even so no one wants to hire a 14 yr old) Once I get it I want to get a black pickguard & knobs. Then maybe a new humbucker. I'm gonna keep the tex mex single coils. Maybe get black covers or leave them uncovered.
seems like a solid guitar, and get black body and maple neck, then get the black pickguard and such, it'll look badass
If I got a black one I'd get a diamond plate pickguard. Possibly a black powder coated one. But probibly standard aluminum. The sunburst is a little more expensive but I like the way it looks.
im a lp player, and ive never played a strat i liked. at the guitar center sale a few weeekends ago, they had a used one (2004 MiM) with absolutely nothing wrong with it for sale for 300 dollars, and after bargaining with the guy, got it for 225. it has been the old strat ive ever liked, and prop. will ever like. i own 2 limited editions epiphones( a flame top custom and a flame top custom lp with 2 f-holes.) also a 1980 gibson lp, and a hohner lp copy. its very solid, and its great, but try to get a used one on sale on ebay or somewhere, its def. worth it.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
I love my MIM HSS, the thing is soo versitle, and you couldnt tell a 700$ difference between it and an MIA. Cleans are sweet, and the distortion is perfect for me. Also, if you havea Guitar center around you, go there to purchase it, i bought a Arctic white/Rosewood one, it had 400 on the tag, but all it took was some talking and i got it, cables, Stand, small 15 w amp (for my dorm) for 350 bucks... with tax
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
guitar center has it marked up, just be like what can you do on this guitar? i dont have this much money to spend right now but i just cant leave without or something along that line. ( my dad does it for me, hes a lawyer, so i cant complain :P) but yea, at gc, you can always get its price down, even if its just 10 bucks.

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
?!?!?!

You mean mean there are people work at guitar center that aren't idiots or stoners?
Quote by R0CKER1220
I have one of those guitars. I cost me about $466 with the sunburst and tax and killed about 70% of my bank account . It's worth it though .

EDIT: mmm. . . Sexy

1. You ruined a good pair of pants

2. Your sig is misleading

bastard.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by livrockdie
How did you convince them to do that?

basically exactly what bob said, just let them know what guitar you want, then seem intersted then, tell them you dont have enogh, and kinda almost leave, first off, they are salesmen, they want to make the sale, second, they understand what its like to be broke.. the guy flat out asked me, what im wanting to spend, and i said, 300 American, and he said, let me see what i can do, then Viola, MIM HSS Strat in my truck! if at first they dont want to take it down to your price, just leave, that guitar will be there, then go again...
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
i bought a black 06 MIM STD SSS not HSS yesterday it sounds superb...It has a Maple Neck and I am gonna get a Black Pickguard installed ala Dave Gilmour
"We lie in the Bluebells, a woodpecker laughs"
I have an H/S/S strat in black. It is a beautiful guitar and i love the humbucker sound. I played my friend's S/S/S strat and i hated it. I just cant play with all single coils but it might be different for u but overall yeah its a great guitar.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
I agree 3 single coils are not for everyone, I like 'em cos they make me fight with the beast to get the right sounds
"We lie in the Bluebells, a woodpecker laughs"