ive tried everything possible to get the tone i want for my guitar. i have a gibson les paul standard and a 100 watt all tube fender twin amp. i purchased a new distortion pedal and a new compression pedal but when i crank it up too high, the sounds get way too bassy sounding and disgusting. i dont know what is wrong. absolutely no idea. ive been tryin to fix my gear so i could start a band soon but it just doesnt seem like its going to happen unless this problem gets solved. what could be the problem? pickups? or is it just that i try to play hardcore music through a fender amp? help please! i am desperate!
well those are just some problems i think might be the actual problem. like i dont think this would happen if i had a mesa boogie or something
If you're looking for anything remotely high gain, you have the wrong amp.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
what would be a good amp then? im lookin into mesa boogie but i want an amp with a hardcore/alternative sound that can produce pretty effin loud sounds
just checking. what amp? what pedals? are the amp and tubes new?

all being equal and above board, might be the amp type like said.

edit: nvm, i see, fender twin
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 11, 2006,
You dont use twins for distortion
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by sHrEdDiNgMDnEsS
what would be a good amp then? im lookin into mesa boogie but i want an amp with a hardcore/alternative sound that can produce pretty effin loud sounds

Peavey 5150/6505
Peavey 5150II/6505+ (for better cleans)
Peavey Triple XXX
Peavey JSX (Has 5150 crunch channel, XXX ultra channel and its own sort of cleans)
Mesa Recto series
Mesa Mark series
Pretty much any Marshall from the JCM or Plexi series, with an OD pedal if you need it, especially for a Plexi.
Any ENGL
Any Bogner
Orange AD30/AD140
Orange Rocker series

There's tons more, I figured I'd list the big hitters.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)