im thinking of building a jack daneils acoustic for shop class. it is going to be in the shape of a jack daniels bottle, but would the wierd shape mess with the sound/tone?
music=life
everything else is just details
Hm, I don't think it would too much, but it would most likely have a little effect.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
It's September. It is Jack's birthday.

Peavey have actually released a Jack Daniels-endorsed/themed acoustic.

I'd say that the bouts are mainly there for comfort in playing. Bo Diddley's guitar is semi-acoustic and made of a cigar box, since your design would basically be the same shape, I'd say, y'know, should be fine.

Worse comes to worst, just stick a pickup in it :p

Main worry would be the strength of the neck joint if you decide to give it the Jack tapered neck as a part of the main body.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
dude, every month is cousin jacks birthday, good idea imo, its going to be kinda uncomfortable to play sitting down though...
isntead of an acoustic, I ercommend an electric, acoustics are fairly hard to get the maths part right with. Like, there's a buncha weird rules you have to follow when making acoustics.
Quote by sempri_fi
dude, every month is cousin jacks birthday, good idea imo, its going to be kinda uncomfortable to play sitting down though...

but September IS Jack's birthday
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
thnx,
...now what is your reasoning for shaping something into the bottle of an alcoholics beverage in SCHOOL?!?

My shop teacher says its alright as long as i apply the decal at home
music=life
everything else is just details
Make an electric. It will be a lot easier to do. I like the sound of a Jack Daniels electric. I think I might make one too...it helps we have an alcoholic wood teacher
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Just build a normal acoustic, and then soak it in Jack Daniels.

You could do it with an electric easier though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I remember seeing a pic of Van Halens bassist with an electric bass in the shape of a jack daniels bottle. It looked pretty cool too.
do a hollow electric filled with jack daniels. i think kirk hammett did something like that. although i dont think u could make it out of wood.
Quote by suckasucks
do a hollow electric filled with jack daniels. i think kirk hammett did something like that. although i dont think u could make it out of wood.

Didn't he want to fill it with his piss? Or was that another build somebody was doing....
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."