what are some good high gain distortion tube amps? such as the jcm2000. im looking into mesa boogies but i dont know what amps of theirs is good for a good alternative/hardcore/metal sound. suggestions?
peavy 6505

mesa/boogie double recto

jcm2000 is pretty good, imo

price range?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Peavey XXX/6505
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Mark
ENGL Thunder
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Engl Blackmore
VHT CL50
Deizel Einstein
Mesa Mark IV
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
there are loads of them. what's your price range, and what tones do you like?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i tried out the ENGL screamer 50 head into a THD 2x12 locally, and the cleans were very very good. Very nice distortion too. Although that amp is little too modern and bright sounding for my taste, but something to look into.

I suggest going for a head and cab setup. Combos are a really bitch to lug around.
i think a mesa mark IV is your best bet or anything mentioned above
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
i think a mesa mark IV is your best bet or anything mentioned above

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice!

Damn my money woes, i want one, they roar!