they do, but you have to get an extra six string with it, Jimmy Page style
Yeah yeah. But I think the 12-String sounds better than the 6. And it just seems logical to make one.
Quote by Jimmy94
they do, but you have to get an extra six string with it, Jimmy Page style

what the hell does that mean?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
he meas the double neck sg that page uses many times for many songs but famous for stairway to heaven
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
i like that idea they have a 12 string strat why not an sg. i second that motion
They made a 12 string firebird for a while, I think they're kinda rare though.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
i dont really like the 12 string strat, the headstock is way to awkward. hah.
but yeah, jimmy page had an sg body, a double neck, probably the most well known double neck around, the top neck has 12 strings, and the bottom neck has 6 strings, it is most famously known for stairway to heaven and the song remains the same.

for about 900-950 you can get an epiphone one with a hardshell case. and i believe the gibson is about 1,200-2,000 dollars
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
I think one time I saw Slash playing a 12 string Les Paul. But I haven't seen any since. But yea a 12 string sg would be good.
Quote by dimebag4eva
he meas the double neck sg that page uses many times for many songs but famous for stairway to heaven

the funny thing is he recorded stairway to heaven with rickenbacker 12 string, does it get any credit? no,

also for info on the epi doubleneck (My first post ever )
Quote by Spade1
Hey I have a Epi G-1275 Custom, The Nomal has bolt on necks, the custom has set in necks, its a great guitar, the 12-string has very good sounds, from acouistic to a Bright
Electric tone, the open Coil Pickups on the 6-string are pretty hot, they can Take a good amount of Distorson, good clean sound to,

I've never played the Bolt on tho, The bolt on is $500 and the custom is $900,
If you have the money I would say Get the Custom, If not Its up to you, Although
I've heard that the bolt on 12-string neck doesn't hold up to well over time,

Oh and if I bumped the topic, sorry I'm new
Last edited by Spade1 at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by Spade1
the funny thing is he recorded stairway to heaven with rickenbacker 12 string, does it get any credit?

Maybe thats because he used a Fender XII for the song, and a Telecaster for the solo.
well I knew about the tele, Were did you here about the XII? Wiki? I've read Old articles Saying he used a rickenbacker, you lesson to the song it has a very "Jangly" rick treble,

either way the rick/fender didn't get any credit,
Last edited by Spade1 at Sep 12, 2006,