I have a jackson guitar and i just put some zakk wylde ghs boomers 10 gauge and i was wondering if anyone knew what i could do about the strings pulling the bridge up because it pulls it up quite a bit.....and i have no clue what to do with it. But if anyone had any advice on it i would appreciate it alot.
Quote by KentuckyDeluxe
I have a jackson guitar and i just put some zakk wylde ghs boomers 10 gauge and i was wondering if anyone knew what i could do about the strings pulling the bridge up because it pulls it up quite a bit.....and i have no clue what to do with it. But if anyone had any advice on it i would appreciate it alot.

I still don't get why people put attention to the highest string gauge first. Your low ones are what're gunna **** things up. Zack Boomers come in like 50-70
zakk wyldes come in 60 or 70 depends on if you have the standard set or low tune what you need to do is tighten the screws on your tremolo but you have to de tune the strings first preferably dropping them so when you pull em back to level they're about in tune you pretty much gotta balance the trem so the strings and trem pull the same it's not a fun process
assuming it's a FR type bridge, in the back trem cavity, there is a trem claw where the springs attach to the guitar. This claw is connected to the wood by 2 screws. Loosen your strings a little, then tighten each screw on the trem claw 1 or 2 turns, then retune your guitar. That will give it more "spring" tension to balance out the added "string" tension from the bigger strings. Adjust, then tune, as needed until the trem is sitting level again.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ohh yeah also you might wanna check out the neck and intonation cuz no doubt they'll be thrown off with those strings you'll prolly get some vicious fret buzz jackson makes some fast necks but they're thin and flimsy sorta so they'll bend with tension
well i will try tightening the screws on the tremolo and see how it does...but thanks for all the advice.