first off, i wasn't sure where to put this but i figured here would be fine. i've been playing for about 3 years on and off. more off than on, but i've been around guitars and music for around that time.

ok, so i know the first 3 boxes of the major penatonic scale and i noodle around alot. i just keep getting overwhelmed and being like "wtf?" because nothing i play sounds good. i know i need to keep practicing and stuff, but is there anything else i can do to help me get better and start to hear notes and patterns in my head before i play them?
thanks in advance
Listen to famous guitar solos and see how they are constructed, and what directions they go. Then try to apply the same principal to your solos. Be careful not to totally rip off other peoples' solos though.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
First of all, make sure you're in the right key, obviously. Secondly, as a first scale I suggest using the minor pentatonic, I always thought it was easier and didn't require as much knowledge of the scale as major sales.
[SIZE=