I was just wondering if i tuned down to Eb, Drop D, or Drop C and played in that tuning for a long time, when i would re-tune back to standard would it would cause stress on the neck? I've used the search bar and couldn't find anything on this.
If i was gonna down-tune and play like that would it be best to just have it set up?

Thanks.
Quote by unplugtheradio

i dub thee, Knight of Asskickery.

that is amazing

Quote by human-blasphamy
i like my nether regions shaved down till there soft as a babys ass. Cause thats where there going.

The Day Cas Pwnd UG.
Quote by Alreddyded
0mgz Br00tal Gh0st!11!11
Last edited by pigeonkicker at Sep 11, 2006,
well, its not so much about causing stress on the neck as it is intonation
by downtuning youre actually REMOVING stress, but that might affect your bridge depending on whether it's floating or not. also, youll have to make sure your string length is also right by adjusting your saddles on the bridge. this will fix your intonation which you can check by comparing notes at the 12th fret with their respective harmonics. change the lenght accordingly. hope this helps!
Quote by becker009
well, its not so much about causing stress on the neck as it is intonation
by downtuning youre actually REMOVING stress, but that might affect your bridge depending on whether it's floating or not. also, youll have to make sure your string length is also right by adjusting your saddles on the bridge. this will fix your intonation which you can check by comparing notes at the 12th fret with their respective harmonics. change the lenght accordingly. hope this helps!

Thanks for the help man!!!!!
Quote by unplugtheradio

i dub thee, Knight of Asskickery.

that is amazing

Quote by human-blasphamy
i like my nether regions shaved down till there soft as a babys ass. Cause thats where there going.

The Day Cas Pwnd UG.
Quote by Alreddyded
0mgz Br00tal Gh0st!11!11
Last edited by pigeonkicker at Sep 12, 2006,