I currently own the Traynor YCV50Blue and had planned on purchasing the Epiphone Valve Junior head. And I was wondering if I could use my YCV50 as the cab?
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
^The more amps the better.

And yes, you can.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
You can, apparently, but it won't sound nearly as good as your Traynor...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^The more amps the better.

And yes, you can.

Yeah, but why would you buy a worse amp? And then use the better one as just a cab?
Because the Valve Jr is insanely easy to mod and is a lot like a blank canvas. Also remember that most amps sound different.

TS, you can you just have to hook it into the speaker, how i forget.
Quote by codybcool
Because the Valve Jr is insanely easy to mod and is a lot like a blank canvas. Also remember that most amps sound different.

TS, you can you just have to hook it into the speaker, how i forget.

exactly

YAY! Good Info 2 know.

While at a friend of a friends house I played threw a moded one of these. It has a REALLY GOOD hendrix sound to it. When I found out what it was and how much he paid for it, I had to buy one. And now that I know I can use my Traynor as a cab, im buying one when I get my pay check this friday.
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Ah, I never really thought of modding amps. Seems interesting yet terribly difficult.

There are some very easy mod kits and instructions going on ebay.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Why are you getting the Valve Jr. if you already have a YCV50Blue?

I have a Valve Jr and I also have a Fuchs, a Two-Rock and a Marshall...what's your point?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

yup.. I have the Ebay gain Mod kit on my VJ head. Pretty easy to install and gives the amp a whole new sounds. It makes a huge difference in gain at higher volumes.

I play my VJ head though a 1 12 Celestion V30 in a lopo line sealed cab with just the bitMo gain mod using an epiphone LP with dimarzio 103 and 151 pickups. also screwing around with a couple other Cabs and speakers.. I have a 12" Carvin 12" british series and 12" carvin vintage series that I'm toying with. Fun little head to play around with trying different combos and mod and sounds great too. really interesting how much the speaker and cab completely changes the charasterics of the low wattage tube amps also. Got to be the most fun I've had with an Amp ever.
-- John --
I've got a Peavey Classic thirty, a Fender Bassman that I renovated, and a Fender 5e3 tweed type amp that I built from scratch.

And damn, I want a VJ!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.