Recently, I've gotten into shred such as Buckethead and Eric Johnson, but I've always loved classic rock. I play NO metal what-so-ever though. I was fixed on getting a Fender, but I'm not sure if I should if I should still get it. Would a Fender DeVille sound decent if I played Bucket or Eric Johnson if I just got some effects? Or would it be better to get a traynor or another brand of amps? The YCV50blue only has clean and lead channels though...I wish it a channel for overdrive or distortion instead of the lead.....effects might be able to change the lead to sound ok for distortion or OD for chords...

Side note:
Since I've just gotten into shred and I haven't really been able to like Satch or Vai's work. The only Satch I've heard is Surfing with the Alien, Satch Boogie, and The Extremist (which I thought was decent). The only Vai I've heard though is For the Love of God. If anyone could recommend me some good Satch or Vai songs I'd appericate it as well. Around $750 USD to spend on an amp as well.

I also play rhythm guitar for a classic rock band. Thanks for reading and/or posting.
Last edited by Dilweed at Sep 12, 2006,
i hear the splawn quick rod is good for those tones, but I haven't tried it.

and don't worry about the lead channel of the traynor being called "lead". that's just what it's called. it's the overdrive channel.

edit: for good vai songs: the crying machine, hand on heart, blue powder, warm regards, tender surrender, juice, etc.

satriani: always with me, always with you, the crush of love, crushing day, circles, satch boogie, flying in a blue dream, summer song, one big rush, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i hear the splawn quick rod is good for those tones, but I haven't tried it.

and don't worry about the lead channel of the traynor being called "lead". that's just what it's called. it's the overdrive channel.

edit: for good vai songs: the crying machine, hand on heart, blue powder, warm regards, tender surrender, juice, etc.

satriani: always with me, always with you, the crush of love, crushing day, circles, satch boogie, flying in a blue dream, summer song, one big rush, etc.

I'll certainly have to hear some of those songs, but the Quick Rod is a little out of my budget, although, it looks great. The lead on the traynor being overdrive makes a BIG difference now on deciding to buy it.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?