i love mine....its a very unique cut and unique sound...so you should make sure its what your looking for.

when i was at the store i played a gibson SG standard, and a gibson faded sg special. Originally i was going to buy a standard with a voc ad30vt...but they had this beautiful fender deville 2x12 for 500$ used and in great playing condition, so i eneded up getting that and the faded special.

The faded special plays great...the standard is much better and does feel better...but i think i came out with a much better sound then if i got the standard and the vox.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
i love everything about them, im saving up for an 80s standard, the current one i have is one of gibsons gimmick models (the voodoo) and i absolutely love it, great pickups, ebony fretboard, lightweght ash body, amazing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Gibson SG Faded Special = Horrible

Gibson SG Special = Horrible

Gibson SG Classic = Nice

Gibson SG Standard = Nice

Basically, don't get anything with "Special" in the name and you'll get a good guitar.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i wouldnt call the specials horrible, they arent the best for sure, but they are perfectly decent guitars, maybe a bit overpriced though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm