I've recently read that Juan Alderete from the Mars Volta is getting his own signature Fender Jazz. I read it on Wikipedia, which said it was originally posted on the Racer X website. I went to the Racer X site and sure enough, there it was. They even had a picture of Juan playing it live. I like it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Here's the link...
http://www.racerxband.com/news.htm
my goal in life is for someone to quote me in their signature...
he is a really good bassist. can't wait to here what he can play on the new Mars volta album out now.
What pick-ups are they?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Are Darkstars the ones Jaco de Lucia (sp?) was talking about, the ones that are like $500+ each?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Well I am not that fond of Jazz basses but throw some darkstars in one it might be worth it
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by hatebreed219
Are Darkstars the ones Jaco de Lucia (sp?) was talking about, the ones that are like $500+ each?

Not all of them are $500 each. Mr. De Lucia's were to cost that much because he had to have them built specially for 5 poles in the size of a 4 banger pup.
Fender will be releasing the Juan Alderete Signature Series Bass. Made in the Custom Shop, the bass will feature the following:

Fender Jazz body
Fender Jazz 1964 re-issue rosewood fretboard neck
Hipshot Vintage tuning keys
Hipshot Dtuner
Hipshot Ultralight bridge
Fender Stack Pot volume/tone pots. (Passive)
Black body with a red tortoise shell pickguard.
Dual Dark Star pickups.

should be a sick bass. Custom shot = a lotta $$$ though.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
The cool thing is, since virtually nobody knows Juan, you can ask for "That Juan Alderete bass" and get it from a music shop... whereas having that custom shop Jaco might be a bit harder.

And yeah, Darkstars are usually 200-250 a piece, I believe.
haha