I'm too good to play SCOM and the whole rest of Slash, but not good (fast...) enough to play Vai, Malmsteen etc. So - give me names of "moderately fast" shredding bands (SOAD? I've heard that most of their fast (Hypnotize, Lonely Day) solos are studio-oriented (mixed 2 guitars sounds) and impossible to play...
SOAD is not shred. They are Nu-Metal. And harmonized guitars are pretty easy if you do the intervals right. Slash isn't that shreddy either but he CAN shred. Try Paradise City. He shreds on the outtro solo.
^no he dosent.

Try some Megadeth songs. Marty Friedman ftw.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Metallica is an obvious choice for you.

If not, try some Iron Maiden, Pantera, Hammerfall and what Nighty lighty said ^.
roar
^also to what the sheepshagger said

try some Testament. Alex Skolnick ftw.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Calling SOAD shred is like calling Britney Spears Black Metal. The same can almost be said of calling Slash shred.

Your best bet is Megadeth.

As NL said, Friedman ftw \m/
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
try some metallica old skool stuff , i wouldn't call it shred but it's up-tempo guitars for some noobsters.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I don't see why you'd want to learn something easier as it'll only slow you down. Take your goal, and start practicing it.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
^
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Resiliance
I don't see why you'd want to learn something easier as it'll only slow you down. Take your goal, and start practicing it.

+100000000000000000
Quote by ch715dallat
Trivium

Or not.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by ch715dallat
Trivium

............................Wait wait........

You're serious aren't you.....

Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
I don't see how Trivium are not a good example, maybe they aren't your(no one specific) taste and they are a trend band but they still have some skill to them, better for this dude to learn them and than move on to Satch or something than go to Yngwie right away and have a good chance of burning out..
Quote by NileFTW
I don't see how Trivium are not a good example, maybe they aren't your(no one specific) taste and they are a trend band but they still have some skill to them, better for this dude to learn them and than move on to Satch or something than go to Yngwie right away and have a good chance of burning out..

Yeah, uh, no.

Click.
Quote by NileFTW

its true, I hate them, but they have good solos to pratice.
Read my post. Not this.
It means "for the win" and it does make me look uber cool
Quote by ch715dallat
Trivium

im hoping thats a joke since you have a buckethead avatar

+1 for buckethead
-1 for trivium
Wait. Did you just say that SOAD is shred?no.
To NileFTW:Trivium before Satch. Wtf.
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Quote by ch715dallat
Trivium

This should be an instant removal of your avatar.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

slash doesn't play shred, he just plays the blues...really really fast. Yeah Megadeth's music is great for learning shreddy stuff, learning some Children of Bodom songs might be good to.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join