Hey. A friend of mine is planning on starting up guitar, he has just bought an SG style guitar for £160 which seems faily decent, good enough to start out anyways.
Now he's wanting to get an amp.

He wouldn't need it to beloud as it'd only be bedroom practise, but it would be good for it to be versatile as possible, as he's still trying to figure out what kinds of music he wants to play.

From the numerous threads I've seen on this site, I suggested to him the Roland Microcube, or the Vox AD15VT.

Which of these would you suggest? or if you think there's a better one for him, please suggest.

Thanks in advance.
ok cheers mate, so if he chose either of these amps, h won't be making a bad choice.

Yay
Yep, either is great. Ohh, you live in brighton, you should go to GAK (guitar, amp and keyboard centre) if you've never been there, to try them out. The showroom looks amazing in the magazines. Wish there was shops like that around here.
These go to eleven...
Yeah I've been to the shop many a time, its kickass.

Plus in Brighton we have our very own Jimi Hendrix! (see pic)
Also he uses a Roland Microcube and it sounds amazing with his american strat.
Attachments:
hendrix cropped.jpg
there's a new vox, the da5, which might be worth a look too- it's more like the microcube in terms of wattage etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How does it compare to the AD15VT?

Also there's one called the VR15, it says its like the new version of the ADVT models. How does it compare?
^ except the da5 doesn't have the 12ax7 valve.

and the vr15 doesn't have amp models, as far as I know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?