I was searching through some hendrix records, and that was when i heard Villanova Junction. The first that came to my mind was vai's tender surrender. You can Basically say that he nicked the intro melody or is inspired by, and i'm sure he got it from him being the great hendrix fan he is.

Dunno the purpose of the thread, Just wanted it to say it and wonderin if you guy's noticed this too.

Nevertheless; Tender surrender stays a Quality song and one of Vai's best works.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Thanks for exposing Vai as the fraud and imitator that he is!

*waiting for hormone driven teens to flame*

Just kidding.

Nice find. I wouldn't exactly say he "nicked" the intro, because his version is a little different. Regardless, great song.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
*waiting for hormone driven teens to flame*

So soon?

But yeah, I've noticed that as well. It sounds quite similar, but it's not quite the same. Obviously there is a spot of Hendrix-influence floating around in there though
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
It's not the same but it isn't coincidence that it lets me think of Vai Immediate then there must be a relation cause i won't hear it that fast in a same chord progression from different songs.

It also reminds me a bit fo the feel of song by santana europe. with the soothing progression and stuff and build ups.

let me put it this way. If i heard vai version and wanted a bit funkier bluesier version than he could come up with wat jimi had. But jimi was for Vai so he must of nicked it.

I don't mind cause it showcases that none can deny the hendrix influence

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Sep 12, 2006,
*nicked*... Everyone has "nicked" from the first person to ever use 12 notes (in western harmony, anyway) in a piece of music.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
yeah but there's a difference in playing notes and how to bring it.

Plus It almost can't be a coincidence. I mean he covers little wing and fire on his dvd, plus he got the song boy from seattle; a tribute to hendrix. He must have got it from this song.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Yeah, but who cares, really? It's not exactly the most unique of phrases.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
At my first post i said i dunno why i made this thread i just wanted to let it out.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Right, well, this is going nowhere.

*Poof*

Click.