Can anyone recommend me a decent head and quad box to be used for metal as well as decent cleans. My price range is up to $2000 AUS
Thankyou.
Marshall Plexi (old school rock and metal), Dual Recto, Engl Powerball, Genz Benz el Diablo, some Laneys.
he said 2000 aus$

You can get a Laney GH50L for 2000 - that's for a head and cabinet! that's as cheap as it gets for a good metal stack. in case you don't know the brand, laney was the amp of choice for the first heavy metal band, black sabbath, and since then it's evolved quite a bit, the GH50 is gainy and it's been aroudn for 15 odd years, it's single channel, so gain is controlled by the volume on your guitar.

Nothing cheaper than that mate. I know there are some Traynor combo's in aus that go for cheaper, but in stack territory your looking at about 2500 to 3000 for anything else apart from the laney.

it's 50 watts so you can really crank it and feel the saturation as it pisses on solid state stacks that are 150 watts.
Marty
ummm not half stack but you can get an ENGL Screamer 50 for that price in combo form also Marshall DSL401 with that price as well combo
Quote by suicidalmoose
he said 2000 aus$

You can get a Laney GH50L for 2000 - that's for a head and cabinet! that's as cheap as it gets for a good metal stack. in case you don't know the brand, laney was the amp of choice for the first heavy metal band, black sabbath, and since then it's evolved quite a bit, the GH50 is gainy and it's been aroudn for 15 odd years, it's single channel, so gain is controlled by the volume on your guitar.

Nothing cheaper than that mate. I know there are some Traynor combo's in aus that go for cheaper, but in stack territory your looking at about 2500 to 3000 for anything else apart from the laney.

it's 50 watts so you can really crank it and feel the saturation as it pisses on solid state stacks that are 150 watts.

i am a bit interested in that laney do you have a link of where i can get it under $2000aud
mesa boogie dual/triple rectifier...you cant go wrong with one of those, seriously
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
^Yes you can. Rectifiers have a very specific deep tone. It's not for everyone.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
It's called a 4x12 cabinet. Not a "quad box"

Also, unless you're playing stadiums unmiced, or want to go deaf quickly, a tube stack is pretty much overkill. A combo should be fine for pretty much anything.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
When I saw Opeth/Dark Tranquility/Devin Townsend they all used Mesa Boogie Dual Recto stacks and the club was pretty damn small.
ummm everybody recommending Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier how about this the head alone cost nearly $5000aud i certainly dont think the ts can buy it
Quote by Xenn99
It's called a 4x12 cabinet. Not a "quad box"

Also, unless you're playing stadiums unmiced, or want to go deaf quickly, a tube stack is pretty much overkill. A combo should be fine for pretty much anything.

I disagree, metal benefits well from the low end thump of a 4x12.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
ENGL powerball or go classic with the 5150 stack
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.
get a hughes and kettner trilogy head, new there about $1300usd, and get a hartke 4x12 cab for bout 400-500usd
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
A dual recto isn't 5000 bucks. But I'm saving up for a marshall dsl and crits on it?
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Quote by Bloody Mary
A dual recto isn't 5000 bucks. But I'm saving up for a marshall dsl and crits on it?

He's talking Austrialian dollers. 1 US dollar = 1.33 Austrailain dollars.

So 5000 AUD is about 3750 USD, which is still way off.

But yea, make sure you read what currencies people are talking about.
lol yes people you gotta understand 1usd=1aud even then were still gonna get ripped off by middle man and also many other things so becareful with what your recommending