I know what a ghost note is, (i think thats what they're called) but how do i play one of them?
Interesting question. I tend to hammer that note with less power than I would normaly, is that the correct technique?
I plat it almost like its not there at all, but instead i just let the notes before ring extra long while i'm playing the next note.

i.e. -----5---(5)---
-----------------3-----

So in that situation just play the 5 and let it ring and when you go to play the 3 on the lower string let it ring, or very lightly pick it almost so you cant hear it.

|----------0--(1)-/-3--|
|-0-------0--(2)-/-4--|

this is an example for Metallica's Fade to Black. IN this situation, play the two open strings at the same time then when you go to do the slide you slide from 1 and 2 of the two string to 3 and 4 but you do it so that the 1 and 2 act like cue notes, you dont even hear them there just where you start sliding.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
^^Yeah, ghost notes aren't exactly something you deliberately play, more just notes that happen to fall under your fingers, especially when you're playing with slides, bends, and hammer-ons/pull-offs. Don't worry about them too much, really.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
You dont really play ghost notes. I think of them (in heavier type songs anyways), that when say they let Open D ring, and the drums are still going, when D is ringing, and the drummer hits the bass drum, it sounds like the chord is hit again.

Same as a ghost note. It sounds like the note is being played again, but it's really just ringing. Or so I understand it that way.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way