Hi all. So I was playing my Schecter C/SH-1 last night, and the input jack to the guitar bumped the cushion of the chair I was sitting on. And then the guitar cut out and nothing was coming out of my amp. I took the female part off of the guitar and checked that the jack was contacting properly, and it is. Everything looks OK but I'm no longer getting a signal out of the guitar.

I am going to buy a new cable (only got one) and check that it isn't something wrong with that. But assuming that's not the problem, is this something I can fix myself? Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks!
you can remove the input jack plate, see if both wires are still connected.

ignore the tutorial about tightening the nut
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I guess I didn't communicate very well because I don't know what I'm talking about. I did remove the input jack plate. The wires were connected and I verified that the metal arm contacts the plug when the plug is inserted. So it sounds like there is either a wiring problem somewhere else inside the guitar, or my cable is bad.

My guitar doesn't have an access panel on the back, so to check for wiring problems it sounds like I will need to remove the strings and then remove either one or both of my humbucker pickups. If I do that, and discover a problem, is it something that I can fix myself? I don't know how to solder.

Thanks!
buy the cord first, then repost if there;s still a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011