Im in the middle of writing a song but i need a bridge for it.

Can anyone give me any tips to bear in mind while trying to make one up because im drawing a blank.

Cheers UGers!
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
bridges are odd...you can do basically anything. you could make it a breakdown nd change the time signature, key, chord progression, you could do a solo. pretty much anything goes with a bridge.
Either the fast part or slower part that doesnt fit the same criteria as the mood for the verses/chorus.

It pretty much connects 2 parts. Thus the name, Bridge.

In some songs right before a chorus have you ever seen a song where you palm mute one chord and mute less and less as you play, So it gives a build up feeling.
So if your verses are wicked slow with a faster heavier chorus, use this to bridge between.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

suspension or truss?

oh, music, yeah. as other said, a bridge can be anything you want to connect two parts of a song. solos work well for certain styles of music, but not all songs sound good with a solo. going into half or double time can be cool, but again doesnt always fit in. you could drop some instruments out (a capella bridge) or add something in (violin perhaps) to make a part that was played before sound different. you could tweak some other part of the song to give it a twist, ie. verse moved to a new key with vocals from a different viewpoint. heck, you could even just have some silence for a while then kick back in. you gotta do what fits the song and what works. there is no formula for a bridge and it can be anything concieveable (almost).
Alot of the time you can write the lyrics to make it the most, "punch in the face" meaning. So basically what your saying but more literal.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!