I'm modding my Tremonti SE...want to take out the tone controls and put in a master volume control along with the two dedicated controls. Can anyone help me with this on here?
I don't understand what you want.

You want NO tone pots at all? Cause that is not a good idea at all. You can certainly reduce them down to 1, but not get rid of them at all.

What dedicated controls?
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
also, why do you need three volume knobs? the most you might ever need would be one per pickup, and that's pushing it a little.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
So, i'm guessing this is what you're going for
Master volume,
Neck volume,
bridge volume

EDIT: Gretsch has the same layout, so it MUST be good. http://www.gretschguitars.com/resources/control_guide.html
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by pyromaniac7234
I don't understand what you want.

You want NO tone pots at all? Cause that is not a good idea at all. You can certainly reduce them down to 1, but not get rid of them at all.

What dedicated controls?

Well...obviously you haven't seen Eddie Van Halen's guitar <i>or</i> James Hetfield's guitar, both of which have no tone controls.
Quote by tubab0y
also, why do you need three volume knobs? the most you might ever need would be one per pickup, and that's pushing it a little.

The purpose of the master volume knob along with a neck volume and bridge volume is that I play with the volumes of my pickups, and seldom have the same level for both pickups.

For example, I've dimed the bridge pickup, and left the neck pickup on 5. Let's say that at one particular venue I'm feeding back like crazy like that, but I also want to control the ratio between the two pickups' levels. That is where the master comes in handy.
Okay..

Old Wiring Just so you know what you have to change.

New Wiring

Basically you don't really need to touch the old wiring anywhere before the selector switch (exept remove the tones), only between the selector switch and the jack you need to add the volume.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Okay..

Old Wiring Just so you know what you have to change.

New Wiring

Basically you don't really need to touch the old wiring anywhere before the selector switch (exept remove the tones), only between the selector switch and the jack you need to add the volume.

100% correct. This will work as you want it.

And I agree with the people that support no tone control. In 19 years, I've never used my tone controls. They're always dimed out. Most of the guitars I've owned in the past 12 years or so didn't even have my tone control connected. I've only recently made an effort to get all my guitars 100% wired correctly with the tone control. Even now though, I don't use it. I just want all my knobs to work. And on guitars with a master tone and master volume, I usually reconfigure it to have a volume control for each pickup instead. That's far more useful to me than atone control.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor