Now, i'm sorry for making such a thread when there is a couple of stickied threads for it but i feel i need individual advice to get the right guitar for my sound, looks and quality needs within my price range.

Now, i play a lot of Damien Rice on my acoustic and similar style music; just generally mellow music. I'd like a great rich tone and full sound from the guitar but also for it to be durable so it won't fall apart in the first two days. I reckon i can spend between around £250-£300 or so. Also i'd like it to be quite easy to play with a decent action for slides/some riffs/melodies etc.

Can anyone suggest any possible candidate acoustics for me? Many thanks in advance
I'd look into Godin. Seagull, Simon & Patrick, and Art & Lutherie. My A&L gives great mellow sound and they put lots of work into their guitars.

Also check out Washburn and Yamaha. But if I were you, Id run down to your nearest guitar store, plant your bum for a good hour or so and play as many as you can. You may find one you absolute cant put down, one that catches your eye immediatly, or one that sounds exactly like you want.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
if you can get hold of one i suggest getting..an Alvarez their beutiful
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
I have a Cedar Seagull S6 and its got a very nice mellow tone. I paid aroud $350 US for it, so its well within your price range.
Many thanks everyone, i'll look into those brands.

Edit: Yeah, i've been thinking about getting to the guitar shop, however i'll only have the money for it around christmas time, and i feel like a right twat if i come in all pompus, asking to play the acoustics and then i don't buy one I just need a good idea of brands.
Last edited by caz_guitar_dude at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
Edit: Yeah, i've been thinking about getting to the guitar shop, however i'll only have the money for it around christmas time, and i feel like a right twat if i come in all pompus, asking to play the acoustics and then i don't buy one

Dude, don't worry about that. I'd say less than half of a percent of people that play guitars in a shop end up purchasing one on any given day. My friends and I frequent all of the local shops to pick around on different guitars and see what new stuff they have coming in and to bull**** with the guys that work there. Get to know the guys at your local shops, they can get you sweet discounts.