9th chords with 13th chords used as passing chords... use some nice shapes only using the tope three or four strings.
e ---12--12--0-0
B ---12--12--7-5
G ---11--x0--7-5
D ---x0--11--6-4
A ---12--12--7-5
E------------------

The x's are just to balance tab out. I like them, but I didn't know if you meant funk music or "hey there kinda funky".
Last edited by Jakeman0 at Sep 12, 2006,
things like this
e------------
b----13-----
g----12-----
d----11-----
a----12-----
e------------

That i like to call the Funk chord lol play it with a sort of fast tempo and put lots of mutes in there and also move it back a fret everyonce in a while

enjoy
Quote by gallagher2006
things like this
e------------
b----13-----
g----12-----
d----11-----
a----12-----
e------------

That i like to call the Funk chord lol play it with a sort of fast tempo and put lots of mutes in there and also move it back a fret everyonce in a while

enjoy

that's a 7#9 chord, A7#9 in this case. move it down so the lowest note is on 7th fret, and play the open E with it and you have the classic "hendrix chord" (E7#9) that he uses in "purple haze."
"You are amazed that it is so easy to infect men with the war fever, and you surmise that man has in him an active instinct for hatred and destruction... I entirely agree with you."

--Sigmund Freud in a letter to Albert Einstein

Quote by Dan Steinman
that's a 7#9 chord, A7#9 in this case. move it down so the lowest note is on 7th fret, and play the open E with it and you have the classic "hendrix chord" (E7#9) that he uses in "purple haze."

...I prefer the term "Funk Chord" lol