What's the difference between Mesa's dual and triple rectifiers? I know speaking in electronic terms that the signal is recitified three times for the triple, but what is the difference in terms of sound? I know the triple has more wattage and thus probably more headroom, but does anybody know the real difference in terms of sound?
I really don't know, but the consensus is that the 150W Tripple isn't necessarily beter than the Regular Dual. As matter of fact, the Original 2 Channel Dual Rectifier is most desired out of the series, as it has the best tone.
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
Well if we're talking about the 3 channel Rectos...the difference in sound is ziltch. Nada. People always say like 'if they sound the same why spend the couple hundred extra for the Triple' and I tell them 'if you gotz teh money then why duh hellz not?!'.
^^ Are you saying in a Dual Channel Rect. Theres no difference between the 2 channel and 3 Channel versions in terms of tone quality. People say the 3 channel tone is inferior to that of the 2 Channel.

Or is this just the usual hype that any multichannel amp has its lead tone degraded.
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
Quote by zenjirou
As matter of fact, the Original 2 Channel Dual Rectifier is most desired out of the series, as it has the best tone.

I don't care. The 3 channel is Still the beast everyone knows it is. That's all I care about. Isn't the difference like 20db or something in overall sound between the two?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^ the difference in sound levels between the 100watts and 150watts is about 1.5 dB at full volume.