Hi, I'ts my birthday soon and I am getting an electric guitar for my birthday, its just that I have to choose one so my parents can get it.

I will mostly be playing things like umm, say green day style punk, sum 41, blink 182 etc all of the pop punky type things

Is the Epiphone Les Paul Standard gonna be any good for this? because i really like the look of this guitar, particularly the vintage sunburst version

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=870

I also looked at a few juniors, but I don't particularly like the colours the body is in.

I will also every now and then wanna play some indie, things like babyshambles umm the killers, oasis etc etc and maybe metallica and the odd bit of classic rock...

just wondering if you guys would recommend this guitar for this music especially punk, and what your views on this are or if there are others you would consider

thanks
Yeah it would be, the punky stuff I don't know about but for the heavy metal definitely.
From my experience, Epiphones are very nice sounding guitar for the music you'll be playing. I, myself like a wider range of music, so my ideal guitar would be the Schecter Hellraiser Avenger, because I play heavier music, but I, too like the Blink-182-ish music.

I'd go with a nice Fender Strat or a good Epiphone. The amp matters alot in the sound, too. If you have a crappy amp, then you'll have crappy sound- simple as that.
Quote by SchitzoJoe
From my experience, Epiphones are very nice sounding guitar for the music you'll be playing. I, myself like a wider range of music, so my ideal guitar would be the Schecter Hellraiser Avenger, because I play heavier music, but I, too like the Blink-182-ish music.

I'd go with a nice Fender Strat or a good Epiphone. The amp matters alot in the sound, too. If you have a crappy amp, then you'll have crappy sound- simple as that.

hmm well ive got a Behringer V-tone 30 watt, i think thats quite good lol