Im looking for a new bass, i have been playin about 2 years and my bday was yesterday, i got £270 so im looking for a new bass, only having 2 encores (one frettless and the other fretted) The necks and nuts on both are giving me havoc!!!

So after much thought, im really into acoustic work really, i havnt really heard other bassists on acoustic bass other than flea. So i kinda want an eltro-acoustic, just to give me the avalibilty with an amp.

O, and i really want a music man SUB bass for £675, i could save up till christmas and get the money and buy one.

I just wanna know how good they really are and if they are worth waiting for, or should i get an electro acoustic?

TBH, i would probably play the SUB bass more as i have wanted one for a while. and play alot more music with that bass.

Jst thoughts really
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Have you played the Ibanez AGB140? It's within your current budget, hollow and great to play.
acoustic basses are HUGE. really hard to work around, and you always have to float your thumb. but they sound pretty nice to boot.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
These are the ones that came up on ebay: Click here

I was lookin at the 'Starfire AB-80'.

I dnt really mind about the 'floating thumb' thing, when i playing an acoustic guitar and i dnt have a pick i use my fingers like im playin a bass.

Im going to have a look at the local music shops around my town next week.

EDIT: Just found THIS , which is much better than the same bass i saw for £675, and i can choose the colours. The one i saw in my local shop was the graphite. I may get the black one, buy a new black sratch plate and make it look more like a Stingray. i'll have a think.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Last edited by pandathe3 at Sep 12, 2006,
there are no acoustic basses under $700 worth owning, imo. i also do not recommend graphite bodies, they sound very plastic.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Sep 16, 2006,
Is there any particular reason that you want an accoustic Bass? on their own they sound terrible just like a detuned accoustic guitar (which is what they are), Amplified, you are better off with a standard electric Bass.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Go for the SUB they are the "affordable" MusicMan basses (like the Warwick Rock Bass series) but they are MusicMans all the same so they are pretty good...

oh and if you choose to get an acoustic the floating thumb technique is extreemly easy to pick up on just rest your thumb against the E srting or A string (muting the string) instead just placing it on a pickup...
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
I saw a used sub for 300 USD. I only have 170 though

You might be better off going with a hollowbody than an acoustic. I have one and I love the sound it gives me.
Yeah, i think im going to go for the SUB. But because they are out of my price range (and cant be bother to save up), im going to buy a decent amp rig.

This is what i have seen:

Gallien-Krueger Backline 250BL

Along with:

Gallien-Krueger 115 BLX

Then when i start working more i can get the SUB bass quicker without annoying myself wanting it without getting it

Do you think this rig is good? I was thinking of buying THIS Behringer V-AMP PRO. Im just thinking, would i really need it with a GK rig?
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
I am fan of Accoustic basses. I played one of the ones made by Ernie ball way back when. That thing was amazing. But they're expensive. I think thier called everwood or something along those lines. I'm a huge fan of musicmans. Subs my least favorite one oh. But i still like it.

Oh and not a fan of backlines. Got with ashdown instead. Much better for the same money.
Yeah MusicMan basses are some of the best around (I love my Bongo dearly) but for pandathe3 you should go for the SUB Sterling
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Cheers, well i would go for the dearer ones, but money isn't really on my side so...ill have a look round.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->