Hi. I would like to buy a guitar with a nice distortion sound as well as a good clean. I'm looking for a guitar with tremolo and I prefer 24 frets. I'm not looking for a flying v or explorer model but something superstrat or prs shaped. I can spend up to ?800.
any recomendations?

thanks
the amp creates 90 percent of the sound. if you want alot of distortion it comes from an amp. not the guitar. you want nice cleans. it comes from the amp. not the guitar. so what you really need is a tube amp. but you still could get a guitar too. but dont expect to plug it into a crap amp and be amazed. cuz u wont.
I've got a vox ad50vt and it sounds pretty good, but i need a new guitar that looks good, feels good, plays good and sounds good.
im telling you. you may need a guitar. but youll never be satisified with one until you get a tube amp. i can show u a nice one that i tried out in the store if youd like.

you should probably- save up for a tube amp

then you should - buy a new guitar
Check Out the schecter C-1's They All look very nice, play excellent and have a good selection of pickups. most have 24 frets and are either set neck with a very nice neck joint.
Try an Ibanez RG1570 or any "S" series guitar. Best quality guitars in my opinion...
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
Quote by jezjr48
im telling you. you may need a guitar. but youll never be satisified with one until you get a tube amp. i can show u a nice one that i tried out in the store if youd like.

you should probably- save up for a tube amp

then you should - buy a new guitar

then what amp would you recommend and how much does it cost?
its an all tube amp. its called ashdown 60 dsl or sumthing like that. its only 650 bucks and i played it at the store it was a real beauty. its got really bright cleans and the distortion channel is great. its also really diverse and when i played it i could get any kind of sound i wanted out of it. trust my word man. this is a really nice amp. you should defenelly get it. and you probably wont need a new guitar anymore because the amp will give u almost any sound you want. but hey if you still want a new guitar go for it. check it out on musicians friends.
If you want a new guitar then get one! You've got a fairly decent amp already.

Take a look at some PRS SE or a Schecter C-1.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
jezjr. why do you. use full stops. instead of commas?

Anyway, your statement about amps being all that gives you good clean/distortion is not entirely accurate; high output pickups, for instance, are made specifically to give good distortion, and many metal guitars have terrible clean sounds because their pickups are designed specifically to deal with distorted sounds.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Last edited by Strat_Monkey at Sep 12, 2006,
thanks everyone
i think i'm gonna try ibz rg and s and schecter
the tube amp will come later (when it's my birthday )