dont get me wrong i love this amp, my beef is why the hell did they name it blues junior,

is it just me or does it sound a bit gay, i have no problem saying what i have to me guitar mates but its like beginners and people ur explaining ur stuff too must have a visual image of a really crap small practice amp aimed at kids?

i donno, for such a great little amp i think it deserves a better name.
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
do you not think it makes it sound like a starter pack amp?
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
leo said:man srvman sucks...i should call that amp blues junior
so he has to wonder bout it every day haha

you know... leo is very funny
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Because there's an amp called the Fender Blues Deville. There are other Fender "Blues" amps. That one is the smallest. Hence, Jr.
Hi, I'm Peter
*shrugs* i get what you mean..but i wouldn't care....if my guitar had "Squier" written all over it i wouldn't care..as long is it didn't make it any different...i would still love it to death.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Well, if you think about it, Fender has some unusual names for their amps. Champion, Concert, Princeton, Super. I mean, these names sound pretty normal to me now, but if I didn't know anything about fender amps, I'd say that they sounded a little unusual.
It's a bluesy amp, and it's not as big as the Blues Deluxe, it's an alright name.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
umm

Stratocaster?

WTF does that mean???
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by timi_hendrix
What, you'd rather it was called the Blues Dwarf?

haha
Don't be afraid to care"

How bout you tell people its a blues jr. and they think its just a horrible practice amp and then you start playing and there amazed. Then you can be proud becuase you have an incredible amp for such a great price.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
exactly. the "pink underage same-sex person" would have been a much better name.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeh good points it took me a bit to even consider it at the start cos i was niave and i didnt even know it was tube.

like they could have called it like the bluesacaster super amp or something, joke,

anyway, anyone know why hardly any are for sale on ebay uk used? is it cos people have no reason to get rid or just not many people have it, i was thinking of buying one for my brother cos poor sod has a line 6
Quote by srvman
anyway, anyone know why hardly any are for sale on ebay uk used? is it cos people have no reason to get rid or just not many people have it

They're being sold like candy on ebay here in the US.
"is it just me or does it sound a bit gay"

Are you serious? You think a name can be considered "gay"? Come on man, grow up.... seriously.

It seems to me like you're too worried about what other people think of you.

If you've met people who say "OMG, Blues Jr. that's a friggin gay name, must be a shjt amp" Do you/should you really care what they think?
Hai UG!
Besides, the fact that this is the most pointless thread ever, I think that the names of amps are really pointless for any other reason than sales purposes and identification... helll my amp i call an X-100B WTF does that mean??? The 100 stands for watts..but B???? honsetly.... but it sounsd mad awesome so why question it? And a blues jr. is tube, so if anyone give you guff (and you know they will) if they too play guitar and know ANYTHING then when you point at the glowing little glass bubbles they'll know, thy're an effing idiotfor doubting an amp due to its name...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Blues Jr sounds a hell of a lot better than Epiphone Valve Jr. I have one and people don't even equate valve with instruments... they think of a valve in a car or valve that shuts off the water spout. at least when you say Blues people think of music.
-- John --
i'd call it the pygmy blues, but thats just me...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by PewterCamaro
Blues Jr sounds a hell of a lot better than Epiphone Valve Jr. I have one and people don't even equate valve with instruments... they think of a valve in a car or valve that shuts off the water spout. at least when you say Blues people think of music.

Meh, atleast it's better than the Epiphone tube jr. Their new amp sounds cooler though, blues custom?
^That is a good name.

I quite like the name blues Jr, the Jr bit never put me off mine...

They could have called it the "Fender Blues Child" lol
Don't be afraid to care"

Or Blues Midget.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
i dont care about the name really or what peeps think, its just something to talk about, it is a forum, just a break from another line 6 or marshall mg thread

they could have called it blue voodoo legend amp or something?
^They could have called it the Fender "Super happy amp"
Everyone would love that name
Don't be afraid to care"

or the fenders blue mans manly amp?
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by Zen_Zepplin
Or Blues Midget.

Or Blues little bastard that never shuts up in the car and just keeps screaming and screaming until you just want to bash his ****ing head in against the concrete to make the complaining stop. NO YOU LITTLE BASTARD, WE'RE NOT THERE YET!!!!

But I guess the market appeal is limited.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^^^^ nah the name badge wouldnt look right i think?
They could call its, "The Fender Blue Balls." That would be a kick ass name actually.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by JHall91
It's an AMP...does the name really matter??

Well of course it does, to an extent, it creates somewhat of an image. If the Mesa Road King was called the Mesa/Boogie Large black penis, and you never heard of the amp, I'm sure you would be hesitant to try it, not many people would like to jam on the large black penis, despite their fantastic tone.

Sorry I couldnt resist.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by Neon Knight
Well of course it does, to an extent, it creates somewhat of an image. If the Mesa Road King was called the Mesa/Boogie Large black penis, and you never heard of the amp, I'm sure you would be hesitant to try it, not many people would like to jam on the large black penis, despite their fantastic tone.

Sorry I couldnt resist.

Maybe you wouldn't. I would.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Who cares to be honest, it could be called a Fender Barbie Bunny for all I care and as long as it sounds good people will get it. If anyone is going to judge something just on the name is an idiot and obviously doesn't know much. Like just because the guy who has an MG30 goes around saying he has a Marshall doesn't mean that it's any good yet people will. I'm sure if someone asked me what kind of amp I had and I said a Traynor (YCV50), and asked someone else who has an MG and they say Marshall they'll probably think myne is some crap noname amp and the Marshall is crap. For god sakes why does name always seem to be stereotypically meaning quality.
Fender Blues Pro
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I was thinking about this in work today, I came up with the "Fender Bluesman"
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
I was thinking about this in work today, I came up with the "Fender Bluesman"

With that name, they could have such an awesome ad campaign.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music