Okay so i bought a Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 Head and a Crate GX412 cab...i don't really like the sound of the Peavey that much....

so a few minutes ago i hooked up my Crate GT65R to it and i loved it.

so what i was thinking was maybe icould sell my peavey head and buy http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-GT1200H-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=487797

that head...it has the exact same settings/controls as my XT65R Shown here-

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-XT65R-65W-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487780

so would it be the exact same thing as my XT65R except with more wattage?

because ilove the soundof it... i just don't want to have my 65 powering my cab i want a head..

Thanks.=]
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
if u love it do it. but if i were you i would save my money. I dont think you have developed an ear for tone yet and when you do you will hate that amp. it happens to everyone.
Quote by joining_heads
if u love it do it. but if i were you i would save my money. I dont think you have developed an ear for tone yet and when you do you will hate that amp. it happens to everyone.

Ahhh..it makes me think...i really do like it...

hm..i've been playing off and on for about 5 years and about 2 years seriously....so if that helps..i've been involved in music since about five..i was in piano lessons until i waslike 9 and then i got into guitar..stopped..started up...stopped...started up about two years ago and have been playing very seriously since...

so i don't know if iwould have that great of an ear for tone...

but i do love it...
haha...

so think i will sell the peavey and buy it and if i don't like it like you say after a while..i'll sell it and buy a new head...or just try and fix the tone with pedals..
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Yeah hes right... i wouldnt rush off and buy a crate just because you think its tonefull their are much more high quality amps compared to a solid state amp such as crate, check out some marshall jcm series is very nice, peavys jsx model isnt bad... it would still own the crate... mesa boogie rectifier series.. whistles ENGL invader special edition, Diezel herbert and Vh4, Vht amps mostly tube.. amps would flatly own the crate.... id shop around
^ pwn the Crate at about $1500 more though...

Dude, in my honest knowledge of opinions about the world, I can honestly state that solid state heads are a huge ass mofo waste of money (dont even say ANYTHING about Dimebag fools). But thats just me. Its uber cliche around here and everyone and their dog says it...but Id sell all so-so stuff and get a sweet ass tube combo. Like teh Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube! mmmmm...
Why the hell did you buy the Peavey then?

And for that price, just look for an old used valve head if you can.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30