i was playing a 60th anniversary strat at the gc and i liked it.but i was wandering if it would sound good for hendrix type music and if its just gonna break on me like my last american strat.
crappy wiring on my pickups and selector,fretwire came out,neck warped easy and had to get trus readjusted like once every 2 weeks.
Quote by devinb132
crappy wiring on my pickups and selector,fretwire came out,neck warped easy and had to get trus readjusted like once every 2 weeks.

And it was a proper MIA? What one exactly?
Quote by devinb132

Holy god, did you use it as a guitar, or a boat paddle?

Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
no i bought it from gc like 2 weeks ago and they gave me my money back plus 50 dollars so i tried it out there and am going to buy it at the local guitar store that opened like last month.
The 60th anniversary is basically an american strat i've heard, but i think they have got some better things that the original MIA (hence the £900 price)
it prob wont give you a hendrix sound , more buddy guy sound

hendrix had a 60s or 70s cant remember

the 60th is based on a 1954 strat i think or something like that

although it will be good for everything your are prob better to get a 60s or 70s reissue
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
i was looking at the 67 reissue but i cant find one anywhere but online so i cant test it out. i just want something better than my squier 51 and that mia strat was actualy worse it made me sad
Quote by devinb132
i was looking at the 67 reissue but i cant find one anywhere but online so i cant test it out. i just want something better than my squier 51 and that mia strat was actualy worse it made me sad

awk please dont say that i just got one haha
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
i mean im 14 i cant really drive myself around looking or i would theres only 3 guitar stores in my general area and my mom wont drive more than a half hour
Quote by srvman
it prob wont give you a hendrix sound , more buddy guy sound

hendrix had a 60s or 70s cant remember

the 60th is based on a 1954 strat i think or something like that

although it will be good for everything your are prob better to get a 60s or 70s reissue

considering he died in like 69' id guess it was probably a 60's model
but then again i might be wrong
i usually am
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
hendrix died in 1970 lol

and the 60ths are good from what ive seen

it would give you a good hendrix sound and if you were still unhappy you cud swap the pickups out
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

yeh then he used a 60s

SRV used a 70s i think

50s would be close with right settings amps etc