can u guys give me the pros and cons of a floyd rose.

im looking at getting a guitar with one but im not sure
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
They're a total bitch when you're changing strings. They go out of tune unless you're using a locking nut. Tuning with the microtuners is annoying.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Pros:
Excellent tuning stability.
Probably the best tremolo system available for guitar.
Cons:
Its a majpr pain in the ass to change the strings
the bridge is kind of cumbersome on a lot of models
you have to make more adjustments if you change your string gauge
its a pain in the ass to switch tunings on it
whammy bars are the most overly abused trick by guitarists ever and by using one you have a 75% chance of sounding lame
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
whats so hard about changing the strings/tuning?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
to change strings you have to cut the ball ends off (usually, there are some strings made so you dont) clamp them into the bridge, then you have to run them through the locking nut, tune them, stretch them then tune them slightly flat and then lock the nut and retune them with the fine tuners, if you want to change tunings you have to unlock the nut (which requires an allen wrench BTW) tune it to whatever you want to tune it too (making sure its tuned slightly flat) then you lock the nut and retune it again with the fine tuners.

Last.fm
wow that sucks

whats the next best thing without all that bull****?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
a fender style trem with locking tuners. Or i guess you could use a floyd rose with locking tuners.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
if you want to change tunings you have to unlock the nut (which requires an allen wrench BTW) tune it to whatever you want to tune it too (making sure its tuned slightly flat) then you lock the nut and retune it again with the fine tuners.

You have to re-intonate it after that to.
Quote by Ghost_bass
wow that sucks

whats the next best thing without all that bull****?

If you stay in 1 tuning or have a back up guitar then it's great, but if you constantly change tunings then there is not much point in getting one. You could always buy a Tremol-No or whatever it's called.
whats a tremolno?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by YYZ
You have to re-intonate it after that to.

Oh, really? that sucks, i havent had an awful lot of experience with FRs short of installing them for people (i personnaly hate tremolo bridges of any sort)

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Oh, really? that sucks, i havent had an awful lot of experience with FRs short of installing them for people (i personnaly hate tremolo bridges of any sort)

I could be wrong but i'm like 80% sure that you have to re-intonate it.
Its a wonderful piece of machinery once you know how to use it/set it up. It all depends on your music genre, your ability to syncopate and such. I wouldnt say that its a major pain in the ass, its just that it requires much patience which a lot of us dont have, thus labeled "PAIN". If you really are into shred, progressive rock or any of that type of genre, then it doesnt hurt if you want to learn how to use one. If you just want to look cool or try it out, then stay away from it, you'll just end up hurting urself.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic