i've been playing for about 7 months now and am just looking up songs and learning them. is there a better way to learn to play...that would make learning songs easier? any help is appreciated...
take lessons os you can learn to read/play music from a book, it will get you moving your fingers better and faster.
practice........practice.........practice.......practice to a metronome to get faster.

play like scales and stuff and bump the metronome up a few beats where ever u can handle it.
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
i find master of puppets a great song to learn, at any stage of guitar playing. you should be able to play it without any huge problems if youve been playing for 7 months as you said.

after 3 years of playing i still play that song as a warmup, just couse its so good
ya, thats how i got a lot better was just playing songs on UG from the tabs. I took lessons for a year and a third, but just playing tabs keeps your fingers fast (or helps them get faster), its good for just playing and playing songs you know is fun and keeps you motivated. All i did this summer was play guitar for like 4 hours a day just playing to a cd or something and ive noticed that even over this summer i can learn a song really quick now. So ya, the tabs are a really good way to practice. But, if you can, figure it out yourself, this trains the ear. If you cant, just go to tabs.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
dont play tabs by themselves, play the song too to make sure you have the timing down, and if you can, install applications like guitar pro or powertab