Hey i was just wanting suggestions for songs to play. Anything Like simple man by lynyrd skynyrd or Knocking on Heavens Door songs like that. Any suggestions would be nice.
Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young. My Sweet Lord by George Harrison. Both (in my mind) have guitar and vocal parts that aren't too hard to get working together.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Anything with a simple chord progression/strumming pattern. I started with chordy stuff such as Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb, then went on to stuff like the Needle and the Damage Done where you actually have to play different notes while singing. Then I started trying some stuff that was a little tougher to coordinate, like The Bomber by the James Gang. That was the song that helped me the most. Then one day I woke up and was able to play and sing Funk #49 by the James Gang

so yeah that's where I stand right now. It just takes practice.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
"Wish You Were Here" is pretty easy to strum the chords, it's only like four of 'em. And I'm just a beginner guitarist.
I'd say anything thats got really easy chords. Nothing's wrong with an easy favourite like for example say I Wanna Hold Your Hand. It's easy buts its got enough chords it doesnt get boring.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!