Who do you guys think are the best baritones in metal? I'm a baritone(and guitarist) and was wondering who are some to take inspiration from.
Doesn't Ihsahn sing fairly low most of the time?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Aaron Stainthorpe
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by LedZeppelin
Doesn't Ihsahn sing fairly low most of the time?

Not really. Or atleast not now, as he didn't seem that deep at Wacken, or on The Adversary.
Well I only have Anthems, but his clean singing on some of the songs there seems pretty baritone to me. But I'm not a vocalist or anything so I could be entirely wrong.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Neither am I, I just have a friend in a chorus who's considered baritone, and he seems to go quite a bit lower than Ihsahn. Ihsahn does have a deepish singing voice though.
the emo dudette in lacrimas profundere amongst fellow emo dudettes

...i think.
I love Ihshan's singing voice! He uses it more on the last 2 albums although don't expect them to sound like either ITNE or Anthems.
That bloke from Type O Negative (Pete Steele?).
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by LedZeppelin
Well I only have Anthems, but his clean singing on some of the songs there seems pretty baritone to me. But I'm not a vocalist or anything so I could be entirely wrong.

no, i think ishahn is closer to tenor
hello
Glen Benton (Deicide) , Peter Tägtgren (hypocrisy) , Karl Sanders (Nile) , John Tardy (Obituary) , David Vincent (Morbid Angel) to name just a few.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Glen Benton (Deicide) , Peter Tägtgren (hypocrisy) , Karl Sanders (Nile) , John Tardy (Obituary) , David Vincent (Morbid Angel) to name just a few.

I don't thik that count's as baritone.
Quote by StuartR
I love Ihshan's singing voice! He uses it more on the last 2 albums although don't expect them to sound like either ITNE or Anthems.

If you liked Prometheus and Equilibrium, you should check out his solo album.
Quote by DirgeForTheSun
Fernando Ribeiro of moonspell

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
David Vincent and Peter Steele are my favs.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by StuartR
I don't thik that count's as baritone.

Well, David Vincent does some baritone singing in Morbid Angel (God of Emptiness).
Quote by Axegrinder#9
Matt Barlow? Matt Barlow?? Richard Straker....

'Salem's Lot? Stephen King?

well obviously not I'm thinking...

lol i get what you mean but its Kurt Barlow silly
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Well, David Vincent does some baritone singing in Morbid Angel (God of Emptiness).
I love his Baritone Vocals in that. So Gloomy.

And Peter Steele. Obv.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I love his Baritone Vocals in that. So Gloomy.

BOOOOW TO ME FAITHFULY, BOW TO ME SPLEEEENDIDLYYYYYY.

He sounds evil, that's for sure.
Quote by Axegrinder#9
well if one considers the more traditional definition of a baritone voice - without any doubts, Geoff Tate from Queensryche

Yeah, but he can also sing alto. I like to call him a tenor with a very large range in both the upper and lower registers.

James Hetfield is considered a baritone.