Poll: guitarists 14 and under who can play eruption?
Poll Options
View poll results: guitarists 14 and under who can play eruption?
yes
13 34%
no
25 66%
Voters: 38.
Page 1 of 2
i can play eruption, im 14 or under, and i didnt think it was as big a chellenge as everyone said it would be, and i havent been playing for an immense amount of time. anybody else feel the same way as i do?
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by punk_rocker101
i can play eruption, im 14 or under, and i didnt think it was as big a chellenge as everyone said it would be, and i havent been playing for an immense amount of time. anybody else feel the same way as i do?

Can you record yourself playing and post it on myspace or something, then provide a link and we can have a listen. There is a difference between being able to play Eruption and playing Eruption.
i dont have any recording ****, and i tried to make a myspace... didnt let me... i would, if i could.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
i just took some time during the summer and listened to it a lot, and played it many many times.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by punk_rocker101
i dont have any recording ****, and i tried to make a myspace... didnt let me... i would, if i could.

Download a free recording program called Krystal (search on google you will find it), plug your guitar into the audio input (or the mic input if you have one) on your Pc and record using Krystal.

Upload the recorded audio to anysite you like (doesnt have to be myspace) and then give a link to the recording.
Quote by Prk Marshall
Download a free recording program called Krystal (search on google you will find it), plug your guitar into the audio input (or the mic input if you have one) on your Pc and record using Krystal.

Upload the recorded audio to anysite you like (doesnt have to be myspace) and then give a link to the recording.

aww, i wanna do that now. ill try to get it done in a while, thanks man.
Quote by Hpda5121

mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Eruption isn't too hard to play. I can play it, but it only sounds about 80% good since a Les Paul doesn't have a whammy and i never practiced tapping enough to do it cleanly

The biggest challenge is the speed you need, especially if you're new to guitar.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
i never practiced tapping enough to do it cleanly .

Then by your own admission you are unable to play it, i.e dont say you can play it when you clearly know you cant.
Quote by Supern00b
is 3 years playing new? cuz i cant even get close to shred.

Picking up speed for any type of music is hard, and shredding is as fast as it gets. It's not uncommon to not have speed after 3 years.

The way i see it, people should work on their rhythm playing and get it down pat before learining to solo/shred. A guitarist plays rhythm like 80%, give or take a percent or two of his/her life.

or you could just stand around with your hands in your pockets, diddling and playing pocket pool in between solos
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Picking up speed for any type of music is hard, and shredding is as fast as it gets. It's not uncommon to not have speed after 3 years.

The way i see it, people should work on their rhythm playing and get it down pat before learining to solo/shred. A guitarist plays rhythm like 80%, give or take a percent or two of his/her life.

or you could just stand around with your hands in your pockets, diddling and playing pocket pool in between solos

Thats a very good point and well made.

I think a large part of the problem is that a lot of guitarsts can play rhythm in time, but they sometimes seem to have problems establishing a rhythm as they play.

I definatly think its something most people who are starting out should spend serious time with.
*Waits for a huge debate to occur*
*waits for someone to post that stupid video of that 8 year old playing paul gilbert*
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
hey iv 14 i have a band called self explanitory and were thinking about changing ourt name n e ideas????
Anyone else care to pat themselves on the back while this thread is up here?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Stop Messin'

thanks for the advice...made me feel more secure.
Quote by Supern00b
thanks for the advice...made me feel more secure.

And if someone tells you that you suck and should be playing this or that after 3 years, just kindly tell them to f uck off or kick them in the bean bag, whichever you like better
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
And if someone tells you that you suck and should be playing this or that after 3 years, just kindly tell them to f uck off or kick them in the bean bag, whichever you like better

meh, both.
cmon guys, he knows where the notes are, isnt that the same as being able to play it?

If you cant play it good, then it doesnt count. You have to wait for your internet balls to drop before you can lie to make them bigger.
Not Enough AssHatery
i wish i was 14 as i'm only 11 but can play pulling teeth and flight of the bumble bee at the same time at 220 bpm

WANKERS
Every newbie wanker tries out eruption, gets the basics of it, and skips a bunch of notes. Then they just play the tapping, and feel that they can play eruption. Anyone can fake their way through eruption, but not everyone can play it like this. Watch this guy's picking technique, it's immaculate.

And if you really can play it, good for you, but it's not the big deal that everyone makes it out to be.
I'd like to hear some recordings.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by Prk Marshall

Dude, there is no where on my computer to plug a guitar chord into how am I supposed to hook up to this?
Quote by Osiris77
Dude, there is no where on my computer to plug a guitar chord into how am I supposed to hook up to this?

you need a 1/4- 1/8 adapter
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by MySweetFracture
you need a 1/4- 1/8 adapter

Oh ok can I get that pretty much anywhere or does it have to be a guitar store.
Quote by GardenGnome26
Every newbie wanker tries out eruption, gets the basics of it, and skips a bunch of notes. Then they just play the tapping, and feel that they can play eruption. Anyone can fake their way through eruption, but not everyone can play it like this. Watch this guy's picking technique, it's immaculate.

And if you really can play it, good for you, but it's not the big deal that everyone makes it out to be.
I'd like to hear some recordings.

If that guys immaculate, i wouldnt want to hear your playing.

He's decent at best, but to each their own.

I can tell TS is 14, just by making this thread. I gaurantee you cant play it like eddie. You probably skip notes, do some tapping and wam bam ERUPTION. Nope, sorry.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by Osiris77
Oh ok can I get that pretty much anywhere or does it have to be a guitar store.

Any electronics store.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by punk_rocker101

So what are you? 14, or under?
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I've never heard this "Eruption" song.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about "Eruption" and gets absolutely nothing out of EVH's one dimensional tapping vehicle?
Quote by MedicreDemon
I've never heard this "Eruption" song.

I wouldn't really call it a song, i'd call it the solo outburst before eddie van halens goes into you really got me on the album "van halen".
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about "Eruption" and gets absolutely nothing out of EVH's one dimensional tapping vehicle?

if your a stuck up jerk who sucks malsteens dick, then you probably don't
Quote by Ranalli
if your a stuck up jerk who sucks malsteens dick, then you probably don't

Wow, at least spell "Malmsteen" right. Dumbass. I don't care for Malmsteen either. Shredding's silly.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Wow, at least spell "Malmsteen" right. Dumbass. I don't care for Malmsteen either. Shredding's silly.

i never said you were a fan. that was a general statement. and i could careless how that fruit loop spells his name.
Okay you guys, EVH is a great guitarist, and I admit it, but doesn't tapping get boring after a while, like come on all of his songs sound the same??
^ hahaha yes it does.

The real question is...what else can you play?
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Quote by Jet11608
^ hahaha yes it does.

The real question is...what else can you play?

I bet he can play MOP left handed on a right handed guitar finger picked with all the solos.

He can play eruption man! He can play anything!
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by Bob77tambourine
Is your hand tired from all the e-peen stroking?

This is irrevelant to this post, but bob77---

I saw that head on commercial 3 times in a row one day. Its the gheyest commercial ever. They dont even say what its for. They just repeat that saying like 10 times.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by MySweetFracture
This is irrevelant to this post, but bob77---

I saw that head on commercial 3 times in a row one day. Its the gheyest commercial ever. They dont even say what its for. They just repeat that saying like 10 times.

Thats the point of the signature.......and yes at the end they do say its for migranes headaches.
Page 1 of 2