Well I'm a big guy (6'7" 300 lbs.). I was wondering what guitar I should get to fit my size. I currently have a ghetto strat, but my fingers seem to big for it. My fingers always touch another string while im trying to play one note. Any help?
get one with a wider neck and larger scale. this means that the frets will be further apart and the strings will be too. Wider necks are not usual, there usually is a standard, i believe
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
hey i'm 6'6 and usually a telecaster or strat works but if you really want larger frets probly a Ibanez
No I don't play basketball. I'm Indian. And I don't wanna play the bass. I'm a tuba player, got sick of playing bass notes. Do you guys know if Epiphone's run big or small?
epi is small man try a ES-355 hollowbody by gibson

bb king had one , and hes fu.cking huge
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
I'm glad you said an ES. I've always wanted one of those. My dreams may come true.
nah es355
or sheraton also would probably look less weird on you than a SG lol
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by jezjr48
nobody wants to play bass, you know why?? cuz bass sucks
whaddif ya gots da groove and funky jive, brotha?
Quote by Skar

un guitaron

latinosuperedit: i love how i know what it is im such a beaner
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Stars2099
Well I'm a big guy (6'7" 300 lbs.). I was wondering what guitar I should get to fit my size. I currently have a ghetto strat, but my fingers seem to big for it. My fingers always touch another string while im trying to play one note. Any help?

Check this out the guitarist on the left with the long hair he's about your size. I dont think they make over size guitars so you might just have to get used to playing Chris Flipin doesnt have much of a probelm with it so its just something you need to adapt to. He is playing a Gibson Les Paul by the way.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=htpoD6Sjycs&mode=related&search=
Quit guitar, move to America and try out for an NFL team as an Offensive tackle.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Get a guitar with 24 frets, or with extra jumbo frets.

That won't actually make a difference.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by jezjr48
nobody wants to play bass, you know why?? cuz bass sucks

Dat homey has no rythm in his veins!