I am looking for an amp that will get warm tones with a stratocaster with american single coil pickups, and a heavy metal sound out of an ibanez with 2 humbuckers. What I am looking for doesn't have to be tube but most say thats the way to go. My budget is around 600-700 dollars Any ideas?
Last edited by Ibanez_RGT at Sep 12, 2006,
like budget? or something

i mean mesa boogie, engl,fender reverb with pedals?

or line 6 marshall mg series vox ac15 roland cube

without budget we are stuck

im not recommending line 6 or marshall im just showing you on how vague y ou question is really
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
LINE 6 SPIDER SERIES!!!! Its the only way to go. It sounds INCREDIBLE for a solid state amp and has like, 12 different effects. I own the 212 and i friggin love it. Best metal/distortion/craziness sound your gonna get out of an amp w/o buying pedals.
I relly like the Vox Valvetronix series....all kinds of tone at a good price
Marshall by far. Very versatile amps.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Fender G-DEC its got almost 50 different effects, wah, delay, echo all kinds of stuff
LINE 6 SPIDER SERIES!!!! Its the only way to go. It sounds INCREDIBLE for a solid state amp and has like, 12 different effects. I own the 212 and i friggin love it. Best metal/distortion/craziness sound your gonna get out of an amp w/o buying pedals.

I was looking at the line 6 website and was pretty interested in this but I don't want to buy it without trying it first. Its good to hear that someone is supporting it tho.
Get a used tube combo. With that kind of money you should be able to get a nice amp. If you can, Ebay is a great place to shop. Daddy's Junky Music might have what your looking for too, if theres one near you.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by Devon_555

your fcuking crazy
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
look at some traynor amps. they have them on www.musiciansfriend.com

i hvent played any but they have some good reviews and soundclips and im gonna play one next time i get a chance. they seem to have a nice clean and a good distortion. the reviewers all played different styles of music and gave it good reviews so i figure its probably pretty versatile
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, you probably want to look into the Randall RG50TC, Fender Blues or Hot Rod amps with and OD, and Traynor.
Quote by Devon_555

Total posts: 7...
pfff.

TS, look for a used Marshall JCM 900 combo on ebay.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you wanted to save up, an ENGL (one of the cheaper combos) would be perfect.

Also, he hes some good money to spend, why the **** are you guys suggesting **** like the Spider? Also Marshall's not what he's looking for, he said metal, Marshalls have classic voicing.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by Devon_555

Haha, no.

And for that price, get a decent valve combo, and then use pedals to boost the amp's OD channel even more.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
if you get a line 6 you may as well listen to yngwie malmsteen, i meen look how ****e he is and he wouldnt even use one
sorry i havent even contributed , anyway yeh id save up for ENGL

VOX are cheap and versatile though

and from what ive played brill quality