I need help on buying an amp for gigs. Im not really in the posistion be paying alot of money on an amp and i need it big enough to gig with and put out alot of sound so if anyone knew any good amps to buy that are big and well worth the price but still inexpensive i would apreciate it.
A Triple X 40 watt combo maybe?
Traynor Blue?

It will really help us if you tell us your price range, and what kind of music you play, or else we could reccommend you 12345347631247 different kinds of amps.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
well i play alot of heavy metal so i need the distortion. i dont have much money but i could save and try to get more but nothing over the 500 dollar range.
the $500 range is a bit icky for these things dude. i take it you want a good amp that you don't have to worry about for the next few years, and $500 is probably a lot of money to you (it's a lot of money to me!). First of all you're getting a combo for that much, second of all look into some second hand tube combo's, like the Traynor blue or the TrippleX40 mentioned by greendayguitar.
Marty
Used Peavey XXX

FTW.

Seriously. Insane amounts of gain for a great price. eBay it my friend. And promise us that you WILL NOT buy a solid state half stack. lol I cant count the times that Ive seen people start threads with "what halfstack do I buy for 500 dollars" and all us smart ones fill up 10 pages of "dont buy a solid state half stack get a good tube combo" then the kid replies back like a week later with "i just bought an MG full stack is it any good?" or "I just about an MG full stack and i cant seem to find any good settings for it."

*insert every imaginable cuss word here*
Yup, used peavey XXX.
Do some of the used 5150 combos go for around that price aswell?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Yup, used peavey XXX.
Do some of the used 5150 combos go for around that price aswell?

yeah, I almost picked one up just for the hell of it. I watched a 60W 2x12 in great shape go for $360 total, I was shocked.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Wouldnt a used JSX be a little better? It still has heavey gain, but it can reach a great amout of other tones. if he ever needed heavier distortion (yeesh..), he could always buy an overdrive.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
Wouldnt a used JSX be a little better? It still has heavey gain, but it can reach a great amout of other tones. if he ever needed heavier distortion (yeesh..), he could always buy an overdrive.

The JSX is amazing, but he only has $500.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
He could always wait a tiny bit longer to get something a tiny bit better, even if it's used, could he not?

Quote by RadioHead22
i say wait and save up for something better
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.