ive been playin guitar for like 2 and a half years and i think im coming to a rhoadblock where i cant improve anymore. so im starting to think about a teacher.

if i get one, how often should i get lessons? how much r teachers usually are becuase ill have to tlak to my parents bout that? and are there any other things i need to kno bout teachers?
get private lessons (NOT GROUP LESSONS!!!!) for once a week, lessons are usually 15 - 20 dollars a lesson, which ranges to a maximum of 80 bucks per month.
ok, first you need a dictionary. But that was kinda cool how you spelled roadblock. Rhoadblock like randy rhoads. i dont know why that was funny but o well
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Well, I would definitely suggest getting one. They will help you hone your skill. And they will teach you things you will want to know when you get serious, if you aren't already. Mostly theory things. Plus it's always good to have someone to jam with who is better than you.

My teacher is 25 for a half hour. Which is pretty expensive. My friends teacher is 20 for an hour. And there is cheaper. But I wouldn't trade my teacher for his, ever. Where I am. There are plenty around. So it was up to me to chose who I wanted, as supposed to places where there is one musician who may not be that great, who is your only option. Always keep in mind, they are there for you, not the other way around. Good luck finding one.
Epiphone where do you live? Lessons usually run around 60-120$ an hour here. I got lucky and pay 120$ for four 30 minute lessons.
High as tits
man, screw lessons, unless you can afford it. i've been playing for about 4 years now(self-taught), and i know what it's like to hit that "road-block." not the greatest feeling. First, you NEED to download 'Guitar-Pro,' if you havent already. it's amazing. I downloaded it when i hit that point...since then, my skills have soared.

but if you are going to get lessons, the sky is the limit basically. prices range from 20-60/an hour. i can tell you that if you do get lessons, make sure the guy is right for you. if you dont feel it, go to another guy. also, because of the fact that you have been playing for two years, you will intimidate him. he'll be used to teaching people that are true beginners. make sure that he knows what level your at.

i hope some of this helps.
good luck with everything man
Killswitch Engage mother fucker!
ya alot of my friends who take private lesson end up working on beginner stuff like bends and really easy tunes.
ch.ILL
my friends friend had one and after like 3 years he was awesome. like he became so fast and good. so im gona try to get his teachers numba so i can talk to him, but then again i gota talk to my parents first to see if theyll pay for everythin.
Quote by SurfRage27
man, screw lessons, unless you can afford it. i've been playing for about 4 years now(self-taught), and i know what it's like to hit that "road-block." not the greatest feeling. First, you NEED to download 'Guitar-Pro,' if you havent already. it's amazing. I downloaded it when i hit that point...since then, my skills have soared.

but if you are going to get lessons, the sky is the limit basically. prices range from 20-60/an hour. i can tell you that if you do get lessons, make sure the guy is right for you. if you dont feel it, go to another guy. also, because of the fact that you have been playing for two years, you will intimidate him. he'll be used to teaching people that are true beginners. make sure that he knows what level your at.

i hope some of this helps.
good luck with everything man

Intimidate him? What he said in the last paragraph, is pretty much the worst thing you could do man. The majority of guitar teachers live like **** because they get paid like ****, the worst thing you could do is be an ass to your teacher when he's done nothing wrong, and "make sure he knows what level you're at". Teachers teach advanced players too. Do you have a technique that you don't understand and your friend (in surfrage's case, intimidated teacher) can show you? The last thing you want to do is be an ass to that person.

A teacher can help you, but make sure you find the good ones. When it comes to teachers, cheap does not equal better.

edit: my store usually charge $86.50 a month, but teaching is really cheap here.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by Épiphone
get private lessons (NOT GROUP LESSONS!!!!) for once a week, lessons are usually 15 - 20 dollars a lesson, which ranges to a maximum of 80 bucks per month.

are group lessons that bad? cause i was looking into taking lessons at my community college. the dude has like 25 years, and is in some jazz fusion band. and he can play all kinda of ****, from country to metal, jazz to blues. guys name is Jeff Ladenheim, if anybody has heard of him. probably not.
Quote by wmzbomgzors
Intimidate him? What he said in the last paragraph, is pretty much the worst thing you could do man. The majority of guitar teachers live like **** because they get paid like ****, the worst thing you could do is be an ass to your teacher when he's done nothing wrong, and "make sure he knows what level you're at". Teachers teach advanced players too. Do you have a technique that you don't understand and your friend (in surfrage's case, intimidated teacher) can show you? The last thing you want to do is be an ass to that person.

A teacher can help you, but make sure you find the good ones. When it comes to teachers, cheap does not equal better.

edit: my store usually charge $86.50 a month, but teaching is really cheap here.

You obviously misunderstood me. first of all, where and when did i tell him to be an "ass to your teacher???" hmm. you should just shut up. you took what i wrote and twisted the **** out of it. god damn man. i basically said that someone on the hunt for a teacher needs to find the right guy. you'd be surprised how many teachers out there would be a little intimidated if i walked up first lesson and busted "eruption." common sense buddy, common sense. figure it out.
Killswitch Engage mother fucker!