yea i got 600 dollar and i was wondering was was the best halfstack i could get with the money i have? i have been looking at the marshall mg100dfx and my friend has one and i have been playing it sounds good and is really loud but the fuse blew on it and i have heard many people complain of the fan? i just want a good amp for my money...i play mostly metal and classic rock but am open to anything i think sounds good
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
i also seen a crate full stack for 700 but it doesnt look to promising
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
You wont get anything good with 600 bucks. Even a good Marshall head is twice that. Get a tube combo, 50 watts is plenty power for anything you'll be needing it for.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
those marshall axls are tooo bad
but seriously, i would save a little more untill you can get something a tad more decent
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
i find nothing wrong with a crate stack. unless if you're looking for a tweedy, light distortion sound, because the distortion channel on it is meant to be all high gain.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
the peavey valveking is great for classic rock and with a pedal will be great for metal too, it's all tube, and it's only 400 for the 50w version, which trust me, is louder than a 100 watt solid state stack
and had thought about getting just a head of some sort for that amout...maybe i randall head or something
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
I think you can pick up a Marshall Mini-Stack for that price... ive never played on one but it'd be interesting... But you'd never to be able to get a good half stack for that price.
you'd need a cabinet for that head, and the mini stacks' tone sucks, not worth the money
Dude you dont need a stack...and you wont be able to get a good one for that price anyways. Read up on ibanez4life SZ!'s post
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by andrew789
get the line 6 spider ii hd head and cab

Yeah.........no
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by andrew789
get the line 6 spider ii hd head and cab

No way, are you drunk?

The Crate halfstack isn't all that bad, its decent for the price.

Tube combo would be your best choice though.
Combo amp FTW.

JCM900. GOGO
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by sg-rocker173
Combo amp FTW.

JCM900. GOGO

Havent tried the 900, but the 800 is great, so Im sure its not a bad option
Board:
I can tell right now that you arent gigging. So you don't even need 50 watts tube. Don't waste your money on a $600 halfstack. you might as well burn it (seriously).

Get a Classic 30 or a Traynor
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
^No.

I'd rather buy something with money than burn it, even if the product isn't perfect.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Get the crate halfstack...*nods*
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Get a Marshall JCM 900 combo... *shoots SchecterGates in the head*
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 12, 2006,
Quote by aznrockerdude
Get a Marshall JCM 900 combo... *headshots SchecterGates in the head*

Man, I thought you would headshot him in the chest...
^Then it wouldn't be a headshot .

EDIT: I'm retarded , headshots ARE gunshots to the head...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
What is it people have against getting used gear. You save a ton of money. I got my halfstack for under 500 bucks and its an all tube amp that can hang with a XXX or 5150 anyday of the week.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
^I thought Ultra's were SS. Although some say it's not bad. I'd still get a combo for safety reasons though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Nope, all tube. 4-12ax7 in preamp and 4-sovtek 5881 power amp tubes. You probably thinking of those crappy transtube some or something. I got mine from a little guitar shop where i live. They are pretty much the early versions of the XXX but sound a bit different.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
i agree with sleepytone. i'll go one better and say that used has way more street-cred. especially if the amp is a discontinued model... ummm ... (combo) mesa boogie 50 cal.+ = $585-shipped, all new tubes = $40 (my local guitar hole-in-the-wall zomfg-pwns guitar center/all those other wank-off mega-stores).
for 800 you could get a used crate blue voodoo and an amazing cab. it would kick some ****in ass
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
combo...i saw a used 5150 go for 450 dollars 2 days ago...i REGRET not bidding on it..cuz i live like 10 min away from the guy...such a good deal that was...
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
^Poor you.......

Anyway, the JCM800 combo roxorzxorzxorz !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!