Has anyone ever signed up for "Workshop Live" at www.workshoplive.com? They advertise alot on guitar sites and magazines. Wondering if they are worth the subscription...it's like $40 a month for unlimited lessons...
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
Anyone????
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
I got a 1-week trial at that site.

My overall impression is very good. The instructors are top-notch, and there are DOZENS of them. The screen is divided into three sections: Instructor video, charts/music, and a practice player that you can use to help you practice the material (includes step-by step notation/tab, fretboard views, metronone). Jam tracks, backing tracks are often available for many lessons.

My two main beefs with em:
(1) The subscriptions is entirely net based. So if your internet connection is down, or goes down, you are stuck with whatever set of lessons you last viewed (each lesson is downloaded when you begin it). You ca't keep the downloaded lessons easily, either, although they let you save jam tracks, exercise charts/notations. I was able to snag the audio and video for a lesson with a 3rd party utility, but it ain't worth the aggravation to attempt to save each one like that. Plus, once your subscription is over, ITS OVER, you can't go back to the lessons of course, unlike a DVD. You can consider it like a guitar teacher in that when you quit, you lose the privledge to work with him.

(2) Pricey! It ain't cheap.

Overall, I'd give em an "A." I will probably sign up in Jan 2007 for 3 months, once I get through some other material I have from another instructor on DVD.

What I like is that they have beginner to advanced instruction in just about every style you can think of...rock, blues, jazz, metal, and just about every technique is explained.

Its like having 20+ guitar teachers right there.