i really want to know which bass this is. i thought it was a fender but my friend thinks otherwise. can anyone tell me? i've never personally seen a lime green fender but i think you can get them customized
Attachments:
howard on bass.jpg
seems like a Fender Precision bass to me....
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
well your showing us a pretty damn small picture.. but you could get custom colours on any guitar if you chump out money
looks like a p bass
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
It looks like there are more knobs than a normal Fender P bass.

Plus, if it was a P-bass, then what pickup does he have his thumb on??? It looks like some sort of P/J to me.

And the bassist shown is Jeph Howard from the Used if it helps...

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Fender makes a Deluxe Active P-Bass with a bridge humbucker and a P pickup. I'm pretty sure thats it with a custom pickguard. I'm pretty sure it's not one of Nino's works. He pretty much plays Fender P's exclusively
The body looks to small to be a fender.

Who is the artist anyway?? this might help
Jepha howard from the used. A very overlooked bassist, some of his songs require some skill, check out "A Box Full of Sharp Objects" or "Say days ago"

The used were good....like 4 years ago when they werent mainstream. Meh..

Oh and thats a fender american Deluxe P-bass for sure, he used them for a while.
But I dont know whats up with the funky pickgaurd.
yea it's jeph howard from the used. he was playing at the warped tour

oh.. cool if it is definatly a fender american Deluxe P-bass any idea where i can find a lime green one? i've been searching the web for a while but can't find a lime green one
Last edited by Bass66 at Sep 13, 2006,
Quote by Bass66
yea it's jeph howard from the used. he was playing at the warped tour

oh.. cool if it is definatly a fender american Deluxe P-bass any idea where i can find a lime green one? i've been searching the web for a while but can't find a lime green one

Your best bet would probably be to get a new paint job somewhere. I'm not sure of anywhere near me, but I'm sure if you looked for it, you could find it. I have never seen a lime green bass before this one

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I'm completely blind from trying to look at that picture, but the pickguard looks like one off of a Marcus Miller Jazz bass.
Quote by IpwnONBass
I'm completely blind from trying to look at that picture, but the pickguard looks like one off of a Marcus Miller Jazz bass.

i was thinking that.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
so custom meaning it is a delux p bass but with custom lime green color?
this is probably a total custom build based on a p-bass, its unlikely tht you'll find another one the same. i you just want the colour then get p-bass (squire do one with a P-J p-up config. - though i think that may be a soapbar) and get it re-sprayed. Your bass wouldn't have the array of controls or the large pickguard of his though. You may be able to get a copy custom built, but you'll need a better pic and it will be costly.

"You're a MESS!"
It's an American Deluxe Fender P-Bass with a custom paint and pickguard. There's a website somewhere where you can get Marcus Miller style pickguards, but the name eludes me. It's not a complete custom build, nor is it anything else other than what I, and numerous others have already stated. Please, pretty please with sugar on top, can we get this closed?
awsome thanks, but "pretty pretty please with sugar on top" don't disrespect other people's opinions.. i want to know every possibility of bass this is not just yours.