Hey everyone, I finished a song i like to call "Sometimes," and recorded it. I havent recorded vocals yet so i decided to just make a second version of the song with an extended solo that goes throughout the song. Just wondering what you all think, crit for crit as always:

"Sometimes, Extended Solo"
myspace

dmusic

thanks
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
i had to get it cut for school....private school....but it was past my shoulders...
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.

it seems to me that a lot of the overdubbed acoustic stuff was contradictory to the main solo line. like at :45, the two solo lines which you intended to complement one another break harmony in a way which I think breaks the rhythmic portions of the lines.

Just as my personal opinion I think that you should focus more on having the lead lines intertwine rhythmically a little better, because individually they each bring distinct ideas which are quite unique to the song, but the differences in how they were deliverred really detracted from the song when played together

The rhythm part on the "bottom" was very good and I am enthusiastic to hear it with the vocal! And actually, if the either lead line harmonizes with any the vocal at all I'd encourage you to use it for accenting the words, bringing it in and out of the mix as you see fit.
thanks for the crit. in all actuality i never even ment for there to be two leads. i recorded a bunch of lead tracks and i didnt like many of them so i deleted all but two. then i accidentaly played these two together (i forgot to mute one of them) and i thought it sounded good. i probably could and should have gone back and rerecorded them to match.

when i do record vocals i wasn't planning on having a lead line until the very end but i think you have a great idea about harmonizing and intertwining the vocals and lead line. im going to work on that, thanks a bunch
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant