I'm a big KISS fan, and I really want a new bass, so I was happy to see that the Paul Stanley Apocalypse Bass was on sale for $130.

So, I know I either wanted this bass or a Fender Precision bass (in Midnight Wine) and my family doesn't really have a big bunch of money just laying around, so which one should I get? I've heard good things about both basses, and the Paul Stanley one looks very cool.

Plus the Precision Bass costs like $300 more.
"The poor didn't want this one."
My other one cost $120 and it's very nice... granted it was used and a bit scratched.
"The poor didn't want this one."
He does, but they made his sig guitar, and people howled for a bass version, thus was the Apocalypse Bass born.
"We are, each of us, angels with but one wing, and only by embracing one another may we fly."- Luciano de Crescenzo

Makes you feel good inside, don't it?
Quote by MySweetFracture
I thought paul stanley played guitar.......
he did...

i'd go with the fender, it's good sounding, comfortable, and looks good

I'd go jazz, myself...
Quote by Lost Hippie
I'd go fender jazz. Or ibanez. They have some pretty good starters for around 200.

Yeah Ibenez does have some good starters. Im still playing on my GSR200
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
I'd pick the Fender P, considering this is pretty much the bass that started the whole bass guitar thing (well it brought it to the masses at least), and its been around for a bit over oh only 50 years now.

This um Paul Stanley sig bass, for $130? Sounds like a trap for ****e.

Why? First Paul doesn't even play bass, he plays guitar, and he's pretty lame at gutiar too. Second its Paul Stanley, Mr.Let's-Make-A-Generic-Rock-Song-And-Milk-It-For-All-It's-Worth. He doesn't need your money, or anyone's money. Third its an artist signature that Ive never heard of, and most artist sigs are mediocre, I can't imagine how this one is.

Finally if you are actually debating on this bass over a fender P, I don't think you should be playing bass in the first place.

EDIT- If you are limited budget wise, then spend a few months to save up cash, its not hard at all, and much more satisfying when you finally get it.
Once you get to the top, the only way to go is down.
Last edited by Killibinizik at Sep 14, 2006,
Quote by Killibinizik
I'd pick the Fender P, considering this is pretty much the bass that started the whole bass guitar thing (well it brought it to the masses at least), and its been around for a bit over oh only 50 years now.

This um Paul Stanley sig bass, for $130? Sounds like a trap for ****e.

Why? First Paul doesn't even play bass, he plays guitar, and he's pretty lame at gutiar too. Second its Paul Stanley, Mr.Let's-Make-A-Generic-Rock-Song-And-Milk-It-For-All-It's-Worth. He doesn't need your money, or anyone's money. Third its an artist signature that Ive never heard of, and most artist sigs are mediocre, I can't imagine how this one is.

Finally if you are actually debating on this bass over a fender P, I don't think you should be playing bass in the first place.

EDIT- If you are limited budget wise, then spend a few months to save up cash, its not hard at all, and much more satisfying when you finally get it.

ur a load of hot air. juge something on its quality not its past. it could be used, then which 130 isnt all that bad. who cares what you think of paul stanley. and ur no one to tell anyone what to do with their lives.

my advice is to find someone u know who has a bit of guitar experience, that knows equipment and such. show him the bass let him check it out if he thinks its fine and you love how it looks then go for it. if however ur friend doesnt approve then save for the fender.
if u can't find someone that can help u appraise the bass, i'd try bartering it down a bit if u can to a point where the loss is neglible. if that fails taket eh safe route and like others said save up a bit.

and yes, SX basses are worth looking into as well.