it makes no sense that i see so many guitars that are like a couple thousand dollars yet when i look at their reviews on many guitar sites,(even this site!) they barely get above average scores.

has anyone ever heard of the Fender toronado GT HH?!! i got one a while back for $629 and now they are only 500, yet it gets straight 10's on pretty much every site, i know they are discontinued but damn, how is it that no one ever recommends it to others? i play mine at gigs all the time and i think its the one the best guitars out there, it has an amzing clean sound while being punchy at the same time, and distortion....its so damn good u dont even wanna know!

so enough of my ranting, but y is it that evryone thinks fender is all about tele's and strat's when the toronado is easily their best looking and one of their best playing guitars.!
Last edited by apunkrockstar at Sep 13, 2006,
That is simply your preferece. Everyone has a different idea of how a guitar should feel and look. Also, when people rate a $2000 guitar, they rate it based on how much they paid. A $500 guitar could be worth $700 while a $2000 may only be worth $1600. Its how much it is worth compared to how much you paid.
i get the personal preference thing, but the toronado is known for being to play almost any style, and it has hardware and pickups that are usually only found on high end guitars. and i would say it has the fastest playing neck ive ever played, i go to guitar center and try out their high end stuff alot but they feel cheap compared to the toronado.
yeah, agreed, a guitar is so much personal preference to the user man, and so individual by how they play and sound. Good is good, bad is bad, and that goes thru any pricerange. You just usually have better odds of getting a gem with the higher quality stuff, but there's no rule. I've played a couple vintage Gibsons and PRS guitars that made me realize, in some cases, there are guitars that are worth the crazy pricetags.

Also, if you're paying $2k for a guitar, you are going to be very critical of every feature, at least I know I would be. If you get a great guitar for a low price, a lot of small details can be overlooked.

Personally, Strats are my favorite, but congrats on finding a kickass guitar
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yea, im used to playing esp's and gibson lp's so im pretty damn critical when it comes to guitar, but damn!

i usually study everything about a guitar before buying it, before i got my vintage gibson lp, i looked for every review and spec sheet about it, but with my toronado i didnt have a doubt in my mind when is saw the reviews for it. i spent about 2300 on my gibson and only 629 on my toronado and i hardly play my gibson anymore for gigs...

im just trying to get the word out that not everthing fender makes looks the same and is mediocre!
haha, I wouldn't worry about Fender man, with the guys that play their guitars, their name isn't going anywhere for a long, long time I would imagine. Good to know about the Tornado in particular though, I haven't heard much about it at all.

I was just thinking the other day how simple yet easy to use my Strat is. I have an MIA with locking tuners and some minor upgrades. It stays in tune perfect, even with whammy abuse, I can adjust tuning without unlocking any locking nut, change strings in minutes, and I can adjust my intonation in seconds. I was just comparing it to my other guitars with locking systems and marveling how primitive looking yet effective the Strat design was.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
personally i hate strats and tele's cause the high end and low end models all look the same, thats y i like the toronado GT so much cause its very radical compared to evrything else that fender makes
look- when it comes down to it, when guitars enter new price ranges (ie the 1000 - 2000 price range) people start becoming more critical. hell you could give a rating of 8/10 to a porche 911 and a rating of 8.5/10 for a nissan maxima - it's just in a different class so you can't compare.

Good that you found a good quality gtar, but yer that basically explains the rating system. also not many give fender low ratings due to the fact that fender have remained highly consistant over the years compared to other leading brands and thus there's no suprises with fender. that said i think fender could really use an injection of excitement into their product range.
Marty
Quote by apunkrockstar
it makes no sense that i see so many guitars that are like a couple thousand dollars yet when i look at their reviews on many guitar sites,(even this site!) they barely get above average scores.

has anyone ever heard of the Fender toronado GT HH?!! i got one a while back for $629 and now they are only 500, yet it gets straight 10's on pretty much every site, i know they are discontinued but damn, how is it that no one ever recommends it to others? i play mine at gigs all the time and i think its the one the best guitars out there, it has an amzing clean sound while being punchy at the same time, and distortion....its so damn good u dont even wanna know!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always wanted that damn guitar.....DAMN YOU DAMN YOU DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Runs away crying*
Quote by kurdtkobaign
I like Jaguars.

and sno-cones.

dont eat a sno-cone in your jag though, you'll get the seats covered in sno-cone, which would suck.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^Indeed........ But if your eating sno-cones in a Jag with Jessica Alba as the cone........ well........... eat up, my friend !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
^Indeed........ But if your eating sno-cones in a Jag with Jessica Alba as the cone........ well........... eat up, my friend !!!

you'll still make a mess :P
Marty
where did yall get "sno-cones in a jaguar with jessica alba" from...............this isnt the pit,guys.
I think alot of people would rather shell out for a strat or lp that costs $1000's because they're popular guitar models. Like, you can pay $50,000 for a really fast sports car, or you could pay $300,000 for a Ferrari which goes just as fast, but has a different style to it that the rich bastard with 300 grand wants. Maybe a bad example, but you get what I mean.
It think the Toronado is a par with Ibanez's SZ series, although I don't know which pickups are used on a Toronado.

FAKE EDIT: MF says it's a pair of SD's, but they don't say which ones. SZ's also come with SD's though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by apunkrockstar
where did yall get "sno-cones in a jaguar with jessica alba" from...............this isnt the pit,guys.

damn straight. The sno cones in a jaguar eating jessica alba wouldve been a whole thread if it was.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by apunkrockstar

Lmao...it can be when youve been here as long as some of us my friend. c'mon...have some fun!
You don't make any sense. Your post started out about why people rate expensive guitars relatively averagely. And moved on to why nobody recommends the Fender Tornado

huh? <- I love that smiley
nah :stickpoke: is better.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by gibsonpenguin
You don't make any sense. Your post started out about why people rate expensive guitars relatively averagely. And moved on to why nobody recommends the Fender Tornado

huh? <- I love that smiley

uh i think u need some sense knocked into you! i clearly said that i dont know why people get expensive ass guitars when most arent rated very high, then i stated that for only 500$ you can get a guitar that got all 10's on this site . therefore i wondered y no one recommends it.

so i say the same to you "HUH?"
Last edited by apunkrockstar at Sep 14, 2006,
Personally I find the older first issue Toronado's nicer. The Toranado GT just doens't do it for me.

The big pickguard/shiny bits on the old Toro = Secks
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by apunkrockstar
has anyone ever heard of the Fender toronado GT HH?!! i got one a while back for $629 and now they are only 500, yet it gets straight 10's on pretty much every site, i know they are discontinued but damn, how is it that no one ever recommends it to others?

simple. they werent selling. if they were, they'd be around.

there's nothing wrong with them i guess, but why are u upset no one talks up ur style. be happy ur unique.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^Yeah, besides, I thought punks were happy for being unique...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Pedricko
Personally I find the older first issue Toronado's nicer. The Toranado GT just doens't do it for me.

The big pickguard/shiny bits on the old Toro = Secks

yea ur right the old toro=Secks but the new Toro Gt=Butt-secks!