Alright I've been playing guitar for about year and I'm 14 now. I really like ac/dc (hence the name) and I try to learn Angus' solos. Now I got a guitar from the most unheard of guitar manufacturer ever...Jay Turser which attempts to imitate the SG. When I try to play his solos i find it hard to bend the strings and move across the fingerboard so quickly and accurately without slipping up. I know I've only been playing for so long, but could the guitar have a big effect on my ability to play and I mean just the plucking and fingering, not the resulting sound.
My guess would be the strings, but that's just me.
So Stay With Me To Guide This Dream
Before They Bury Me
I'll Be Waiting Up All Night For You
With A Nightmare That Was Made For Me

-Who Watches The Watchmen?
The Prize Fighter Inferno
if ur not playing fast enough if u lower the strings u can play faster and it gives them more slack to bend i lowered mine and i can play a little faster
if its hard to bend the strings that means your strings are too thick, so buy a lower gauge set. moving across the fingerboard is a guitar problem, some necks are smooth and you can move around fast, some are almost rubbery and easy to snag on thus harder to play. if your good you should be able to play on any neck though.
probably not the guitar, might be the strings. are you using your other fingers to help you bend? that was something i never really did and to this day dont very often even though i should. you get a lot more bend like that with a lot less work
Quote by deahhizooke
probably not the guitar, might be the strings. are you using your other fingers to help you bend? that was something i never really did and to this day dont very often even though i should. you get a lot more bend like that with a lot less work

Yeah, most of the stuff I play (David Gilmour/Pink Floyd) I use 3 fingers for bending lol.
Me too! Well, about the obscure guitar thing.

I got mine over the internet from China, for $99...

Mine doesn't even have a brand name. Its box was completely blank, except for an oddly-placed Budweiser logo...