so. I need a mixer. but i dont want to spend too much money. basically, i just need a mixer for getting the job done for recording. I need AT LEASt 6 inputs, probably a little more. I also need a fairly easy way to attach it to my computer. so i thought about behringers. but the guy at guitar center said behringers are not the way to go and they are pieces of crap. can i get a second opinion on them, or maybe a product reccomendation.

EDIT ya and when i say inputs i mean mic inputs
Member of the LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker fan club. PM fenderfreak101 or me_and_my_esp to join.
Quote by fenderfreak101
sorry i dont understand dumbass language.

Member #8 of the "Can't we forget about all the subgenres & just ROCK?" group PM rockon1824
I've used behringer mixers a bit. They seemed to work fine. I'm sure they're not particularly amazing or anything, but they get the job done.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I don't know why everyone bashes Behringer so much. Their reliability is a bit sketchy, but they usually do the job just as well for a lot less cash. I'd go for it.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
We did our album with about 80% of the tracks going through a Behringer UB2442FX-PRO mixer. Their gear has been reliable for me.

That said, a mixer is not just a mixer. Anyone who doubts that can email me. I'd *love* to trade my modest little Behringer mixer that practically *everyone* has heard of for a lesser-known and harder-to-find brand.... like, say.... Neve.

Mind you, better as it is, the difference in price is about $1000 per channel.

Behringer UB mixers are basically equal to the Mackie VLZ mixers. Totally fine, especially at half the price of the Mackies, but not awesome.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
In my oppinion, and obviously a lot of people above me, they're really not bad. I think they're definitely a good value, obviously not the best, but for that, you're paying like 10 times more. The employee at Guitar Center's probably just trying to get you to buy a more expensive one, that's the only way you get you're pay there is comission...
I have a Berhinger Mixer and the Quality is great. Clean and the mixers anyway are built like tanks!! Pedals not thats a different story I wouldnt buy another Berhinger pedal, but Im defiinatly buying another mixer!!
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
whats a cheap way hook up the UB to the computer
Member of the LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker fan club. PM fenderfreak101 or me_and_my_esp to join.
Quote by fenderfreak101
sorry i dont understand dumbass language.

Member #8 of the "Can't we forget about all the subgenres & just ROCK?" group PM rockon1824
Check out www.m-audio.com for a good and affordable range of audio interfaces (ie. soundcards) that will suit your needs, however modest or lofty they may be. Don't go for the Creative Audigy/Soundblaster stuff. Pay the extra few bucks for m-audio.

I use a Delta 1010 and it is awesome.

Chris

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

I've got a Behringer Eurorack MX 602A and as long as you get a decent soundcard and take care in how you use it and providing it doesn't pack in on you, you should be able to make some reasonably good recordings, I haven't had any probs with mine either...yet...though given the number of people that complain about their reliability, there must be something in it, so if you're going to buy one, I would buy it from a shop that you know will refund your money if there's a problem with it.

One thing I don't like about them is that they use a proprietary power supply that doesn't have an off switch and is supposed to be prone to failure, so you either have to unplug or switch it off at the wall socket or leave it on and risk it failing on you.
Hmmm.... must only be true for the little ones. IIRC, my MX802 (slightly bigger than the 602, but still quite small) had a power switch, and my UB2442 most certainly does.

Chris

I recorded about 75% of an album using a Behringer UB2222FX-Pro, and the rest using an Alto L-20. Both are budget board on about the same lines in terms of quality. Results were quite good all around. They preamps don't stand up to preamps on other board, but otherwise, they work very well and sound pretty good. I have no beef whatsoever with Behringer boards or their rackmount gear. Now their instruments, amps, stomp boxes, and mics suck ass. But their mixers and racks are fine for the price. The only reason I ditched the 2222FX was because my needs had changed and it didn't have direct outputs on each channel.

IMO, pairing a Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro with a sound card like an M-Audio Delta 1010LT makes an awesome recording setup. The 2442 has direct outputs on the first 8 or 10 channels, allowing you to send each channel to a discreet input on the sound card, and therefore its own track in the recording software. Now that's about as powerful a home recording setup as you can possibly get.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister

IMO, pairing a Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro with a sound card like an M-Audio Delta 1010LT makes an awesome recording setup. The 2442 has direct outputs on the first 8 or 10 channels, allowing you to send each channel to a discreet input on the sound card, and therefore its own track in the recording software. Now that's about as powerful a home recording setup as you can possibly get.

That's exactly my setup, only I have the rackmounted 1010, not the LT version.

Chris

Quote by aseme
Mic inputs are called "XLR inputs" - for future refrence.

To me a mixer is a mixer; they all do the same thing.

Mic inputs are called mic inputs - XLR inputs are called XLR inputs. A Mic input accepts a mic level signal (often a line level signal as well), and usually features some kind of pre-amp and often a pad in line with the input (a -26db gain reduction for using a line level signal) whereas as an XLR input refers only to the type of connecter, and can carry either a mic or line level signal as well as possibly not having any type of pre amp. Very important distinction.
Top 5:
1) Only The Cool Climb - Tj1
2) My Favorite Dress - ~King_Of_Foolz~
3) She Once Was My Playmate - Tj1
4) Lovers Lullaby - KOF
5) Cold Dark Room - Ditda