what does it mean when it says tune down half a step??? and how do i tune to drop c and d???? aleso, what is the difference in sound between the two?
half a step is drop d. so the tuning goes d,a,d,g,b,e (low to high). i'll post the tuning for drop c later i forgot it. and the difference is that in drop c all the strings are tuned lower, in drop d only the low E string is tuned down.

Edit: i think the tuning for drop c is c,g,c,f,a,d (low to high), that is if i remember correctly.
Last edited by metalupurass42 at Sep 13, 2006,
it means it sound one fret or half step lower so instead of EADGBe its Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb
also with lower string tension its slightly easier to play and bend tho chord do not sound as "tight" if you dont have a electric tuner you could tune the A string to the 4th fret low E string then tun the rest of the guitar from there. drop D is just the low E string detuned 1 whole step or two frets lower. makes for easy pwerchords and some new interesting riff ideas. tune the low E to the same note (albeit one octave lower) as the D string (or third string from the top)

not sure about drop C but i think its the same principle as drop d but tuned down 2 whole steps or 4 frets lower
probably need an electric tuner for that one
hope thats helpful
EDIT: to above you are wrong about the half step one but i think youve got the right idea for drop C
umm down half a step is NOT Drop D its (low to high) Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb

drop C is C-G-C-F-A-D (low to high) sounds much lower think Children of Bodom-in your face low

to tune to drop D go to the fifth fret of the A string that is the note D, begin down tuning the low E and compare it to that note, play both at the same time until they sound the same

Drop C:
go to the 3rd fret on the A string and down tune the low E until it sounds like that C then tune everything by using the fifth fret (ex tune the A to G by using the 5th fret on the low E when its tuned to C) except on the G string(now the f) to the Bstring (the A now) which you would use the fourth fret, then use the 5th fret on the b-string (the A now) and tune the high E (now C).
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic
Quote by O00Coolzero00O
umm down half a step is NOT Drop D its (low to high) Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb

drop C is C-G-C-F-A-D (low to high) sounds much lower think Children of Bodom-in your face low

to tune to drop D go to the fifth fret of the A string that is the note D, begin down tuning the low E and compare it to that note, play both at the same time until they sound the same

Drop C:
go to the 3rd fret on the A string and down tune the low E until it sounds like that C then tune everything by using the fifth fret (ex tune the A to G by using the 5th fret on the low E when its tuned to C) except on the G string(now the f) to the Bstring (the A now) which you would use the fourth fret, then use the 5th fret on the b-string (the A now) and tune the high E (now C).

dude he said half a step down. isnt Eb 1/4 of a step down?
nope E flat is half a step down from standard tuning
Good dealings with:
Vash_08
Madsjc
jdr94
Delanoir
creativlogic