I've readed some articles about having hands problems because of playing guitar, have you had some of those problems?
Last edited by frusciante.ve at Sep 13, 2006,
after I play for about 4 hours straight my wrist hurts, but if i play through the pain it goes numb, so i can keep playing.
i kinda think it may help... like i cant crack any of the knuckles on my left hand but my right always crack. So i dunno maybe it helps with movement?
anything that requires moving bones in joints a lot can be a risk for arthritis...

Whether it be growing up doing construction work to playing guitar, when you get older it can definately cause that, or increase it.

stretching out before playing, moving your fingers, rubbing them, rolling them around the sockets a little can help prevent this
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by l2p_Guitar
after I play for about 4 hours straight my wrist hurts, but if i play through the pain it goes numb, so i can keep playing.

Lol that's hardcore.

Your probably going to mess up your back muscles and your spine aswell. Maybe even develop some type of scoliosis (a curved spine). It would seem because when I play acoustic my body is kind of angled so I can look at the fret board; you get the point. After I am done playing I can crack my back so much.

Also in this Century, by the time we're in our 60's (I'm 18 right now) it would be more likely that doctors/scientists would have found a better way to treat arthritis/ tendonitis, and all sorts of other crap. ...at least I hope so.
Tendonitis on my elbow.

My advice is to have proper practice. I know it sucks in the beginning because it seems easier to stress your arm and be a little faster, but by proper practice you get to stay away from injury and also improve faster.

Also listen to people's advice. I didnt. Ended up with a screwed elbow.

Corrected my ways....but it took me a damned long time. So be careful.