I just came back from a short trip in Japan and purchased the little Ibanez Valbee. I purchased the store demo model so I thinking of replacing the tubes since the sales guy told me that it has been in the store for about a year. I have questions regarding the valbee:
1. I get a pretty noisy hum even on clean channel at low volume. Is this the quality of valbee or a result of dying tubes?
2. Is the valbee fixed bias?

Thanks
I have humbuckers but the amp is noisy even when there is 0 volume and gain/ guitar is unplugged. I'm guessing it's the power tube dying/ producing noise.
i wasn't really impressed by the valbee, it's not louder and has worse distortion than my cheap, crappy Crate 15W Solid State combo
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
The overdrive channel is pretty noisy when cranked up but I put an overdrive pedal in the front and it reduced the noise and the tone got smoother.
it uses 6L6s so im assuming that if you change it with the same ones, it will be fine
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Austrorammer
i wasn't really impressed by the valbee, it's not louder and has worse distortion than my cheap, crappy Crate 15W Solid State combo

You should go buy a MG and line6 spider II

Valbee has one of the greatest natural tube overdrive I heard for such a small amp and low price.